Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert 2008 F15 CPLH fom tiller to remote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice boat. I believe Bosce asked you a couple of questions in post #5 of this thread that you did not answer. If you answer these questions he will probably help you some more. He is very good at the wiring stuff....not my thing.
    I got you off topic..sorry.

Comment

Never mind my last post....lol

Comment

Originally posted by ScrumpySJI View Post

Thank you for the research and suggestions - this seems consistent my suspicions. I hadn't considered the momentary on switch which would certainly be easy to wire. It looks like none of the F15 models around this era was not designed for remote according to this chart: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...models_web.pdf

I believe the F20 is built largely on the same platform and there seems to be one remote model in the lineup. I'll start there, but expect I may just wire the items I require directly.

Thanks again Boscoe99!
        You are correct. The F15C did not come in a remote con*****ed version whereas the F20C did.

F15C and F20C models are essentially one and the same. The F20C wiring diagram can be used as source data for engineering your own modification. See the last 2 pages in this document

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/se...a-f15-f20/file

Comment

Thank you- that is super helpful. I also noted in the attached drawing that the difference between the remote and tiller harness appears to be pretty simple and more or less what I was looking for originally. .A friend gave me an old, but unused, 7 pin harness that he had kicking around. I may just use the appropriate colored wires in that cable to wire in the desired connections following the wiring diagrams you referenced.
          Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you for the help. I was able to "t" off of the existing bullet connections at the junction box, so no loss of integrity to internal outboard. Finished install last week and splashed the boat on Sunday. Everything works great!

Comment

Working...
            X