Water flow from Thermostat Bore F150TXRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water flow from Thermostat Bore F150TXRD

There was discussion on another thread regarding water flow through the thermostat bore under certain conditions. A few videos.....

First: with just the flush port connected and NOT running. Thermostat obviously removed.
    https://youtu.be/acC0QP56bOg

Second: Flush port and muffs connected. No stat and not running.
    https://youtu.be/biF2odoeDSM

Third: Running with stat removed
    https://youtu.be/Ya1hfSAUWb8

ID of flush port line is 6mm. Had to remove about an inch of hose to get back to original size.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      ID of flush port line is 6mm. Had to remove about an inch of hose to get back to original size.
      About a quarter of an inch for the non-metric folks. Quite small actually. Hard to even blow through let alone flow much water.

How about a half inch ID hose going directly to the engine side of the thermostat for a top down high flow flush?

Comment

Who is Rich Hill?

Comment

Nice!

I particularly liked seeing the tiny jets spurting from the 'stat bleeders in Video 1.

Tiny "flow" but shows that the cavity behind was filled and pressurized.

IMO there is a market opportunity for some seriously robust dual-feed muffs - with a powerful clamping action.

This is what I do to get my (best quality available dual muffs) to work on the F225:

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Who is Rich Hill?
            I had to set up a YouTube account for the first time today. I was trying to upload and was getting an error message that I needed to choose a name. My GD name is part of the Google acct. Nope. need another. So I finally figured out where I needed to be to make the change. I live in Richmond Hill......

Comment

About a quarter of an inch for the non-metric folks. Quite small actually. Hard to even blow through let alone flow much water.

How about a half inch ID hose going directly to the engine side of the thermostat for a top down high flow flush?
              I liked the idea of a composite thermostat housing. Or at least make it replaceable.

Comment

Excellent videos - thanks for taking the time to experiment and record these 3 scenarios.

I remain interested in seeing if a hole or two drilled into the T-Stat face will help FW and Air escape through the highest T-stat bore on the block.

It seems like it can't really hurt anything since the T-stat will be wide open at operating temperatures - where - you could have 10 holes and it won't matter.
                The engine might run a little cooler at *****ing speeds due to the leakage of salt water. But, I can't think of why that would be much of a problem.
                Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Last edited by boscoe99; 03-10-2018, 09:48 PM. Reason: air bleeds

Comment

you failed to post any words with that

Comment

Are words needed? I did type the words "air bleeds" in the reason that I edited it. Look below the bottom of the photo.

Comment

Comment

"Breeders".

Who makes the best flushing attachment for a '05 F225? attachment.php?attachmentid=316493&stc=1&d=1364639549.jpg
                          Last edited by oldmako69; 03-12-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Those bodies look like twin sisters.

Comment

Solid flush attachment

Comment

Working...
                              X