New To Me 40ELH Questions / Reverse Lock Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks -

Well I got the parts and took the lock apart they were not missing I just looked wrong, I still dont know why the motor wont lock when I engage the locking lever

I guess Ill try to take a video or might have to take it to a repair shop and see if they have any ideas...

And read over that manual - thanks much for that !

Thanks again

Comment

Take a video and post on YouTube...pretty easy. Then we can see what might be going on.

Comment

Not the best trying to do it solo but here is this Ill try to get help next one I cant see much but it was just a quick try

https://youtu.be/O7YcfoiVAUU

Comment

It almost looks (at the very, very end), that the rod pulling up the mechanism is NOT allowing that part DOWN fully..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I thought the same thing that its not dropping all the way to engage - been to busy to do much will try to get help to record something better soon hopefully .....

Comment

Looking at your earlier photo, parts 15 and 16 appear to be there, so they are either worn, stuck or the motor has pulled them back in heavy reverse or from grounding.

A good inspection and clean and lubrication is in order to ensure the locks fully clamp. I know that mechanism can be a pain because I think it automatically locks when down and the lever needs to be reset to free the engine for lifting, and to enable it to kick back when grounding. You need to know what the motor was used in the past. Maybe a previous owner got sick of it needing to be unlocked after lowering.

Hang on it appears I missed a few posts that I now see (happens often). They agree with what I thought above. Ensure engine fully lowers onto the tilt pin - push it hard and see if it clicks. That engine looks pretty good, clean and lubricate to ensure everything fully moving.
              Last edited by zenoahphobic; 04-20-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hello, i have the exact same problem as you.. i been taking it all apart, springs, levers, arms and everything i still cant figure out why it wont come to the point where it accually get the grip of the pin.. it feels like the springs is tensed backwards. i'll searching intense for an solution, ill let you know if i finds anything.. and i hope you'll do the same..

John
                Last edited by stagesix; 05-20-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X