2003 F115 TXRB Throttle body adjutment sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 F115 TXRB Throttle body adjutment sequence

Can anyone tell me the correct sequence for adjusting the throttle bodies? I have the Yamaha service manual but it seems conflicting to me. Should I in this order: 1st adjust throttle position sensor 2nd adjust shutters on throttle bodies 3rd adjust the linkage as necessary? I fully understand the adjustments that need to be made but I need the proper order.

That's one for Rodbolt..
    hopefully he will be along shortly to help

Comment

It is a stupidly simple speed density system.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        It is a stupidly simple speed density system.
        And your point is we are all stupidly simpletons?? I resemble that insinuation!
        Dennis
        Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Hey that's great and all but that doesn't answer the question

Comment

first you insure all shutters are fully closed, then follow the SM. the procedure is flaky and sometimes you must understand what the TPS,ISC and the shutters actually do.
            at the end of the day your looking for an idle speed of about 700 RPM, an ISC request of about 40% a TPS reading of about .72V and a stable idle and off idle transition.
            you can use the latest version of the link and sync for the F150.
            Boscoe most likely has it and can post it.

Comment

I backed the synchronizer screw and idle screws all the way out and made sure the shutters were fully closed, I then adjusted the TPS to .700v (More like .699). Then went back in with the synchronizer screw .032v beyond my initial .700v reading. I guess that gave me a baseline to at least be able to idle. Sync`ed cyl 1 to cyl 4 shutters with the manometer to as close as I could get. With all that my idle was around 680 give or take so I adjusted the idle screw to put me around 760. Those 2 screws are touchy I just moved em a cunt hair and they went everywhere. Not sure ifs how the old salts would do it but my engine doesn't stall going in and out of gear anymore and idles 10 times better. I'm gonna check the stbd motor tonight see how it looks. Ill see if I can get my hands on the f150 link and sync procedure. Thanks

Comment

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...-in-gear/page3

This should be the thread on the link and sink? also attached a PDF if this is not the correct one maybe Boscoe or Townsend can find theirs.

linkage set precedure-1.pdf
                Dennis
                Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
                  http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...-in-gear/page3

This should be the thread on the link and sink? also attached a PDF if this is not the correct one maybe Boscoe or Townsend can find theirs.

[ATTACH]n203659[/ATTACH]
                  Wow, I never saw that post when scouring every forum for this stalling issue. I have been chasing this demon for 2 years now. Even the Yamaha mechanic couldn't fix it. Why is so hard to find a good mechanic? I swear man, I was an AH-1Z and UH-1 mechanic in the marine corps and I knew those two birds and their systems like the back of my hand. BECAUSE IT WAS MY JOB! And I wanted and needed to know to troubleshoot the damn things. As you can see I'm a little angry, I threw a lot of money at this for this simple procedure to be the issue. Why my mechanic didn't find this and I did is beyond me and very sad. Rant over and thanks for the updated sync procedure

Comment

I figured it out back in 07 when my brand new F150 would stall and announce it to the world via the stall alarm going off. embarrassing for a Yamaha master tech in his own boat. some years back, LOOOOONG before Yamaha had a procedure that worked I talked high sierra through it. almost 16 pages of thread if I remember. will work for the F115 if you tweak it a bit. does the same thing with the same basic parts.
                    YDS is nice but not nessasary. my first one took me about 4 hours to figure out but it was my motor and stalling trying to dock it and everyone on our canal knew when it stalled.
                    next time find a yamaha tech that has passed the Master Technician test. unlike some other brands you cannot buy it nor is it freely handed out. I think the failure rate is still about 80%. a 5 star tech watched a video.

Comment

Originally posted by 3RDCOASTGUY View Post

***, I never saw that post when scouring every forum for this stalling issue. I have been chasing this demon for 2 years now. Even the Yamaha mechanic couldn't fix it. Why is so hard to find a good mechanic? I swear man, I was an AH-1Z and UH-1 mechanic in the marine corps and I knew those two birds and their systems like the back of my hand. BECAUSE IT WAS MY JOB! And I wanted and needed to know to troubleshoot the damn things. As you can see I'm a little angry, I threw a lot of money at this for this simple procedure to be the issue. Why my mechanic didn't find this and I did is beyond me and very sad. Rant over and thanks for the updated sync procedure
                      Most mechanics today (and owner's) seem to want a computer to tell them what to replace when the moto no workee.

Comment

most the time all the laptop does is tell me what I don't have to look at.

Comment

I was posting on another site the first time I did it in 07. got banned from that site in 2009 .
                          something about calling a mod a boob.

Comment

Well, with forums like these and knowledgeable folks chiming in most of the time we can wring the necks of these grim Lin’s that live in our motors

Comment

Yeah, its fixed. Adjusting the throttle bodies and tps did it. Hasn't stalled sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X