2005 F225txr engine side connector help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F225txr engine side connector help

I have a 2005 f225 with nmea 2000 connection (has the plug and 31 on the ecu) I just hung the engine and am trying to figure out which plugs to connect.

2 green wires plunged into 4 pink wires. The last trim indicator (the top one) on the tach is blinking along with I believe the oil level indicator. I did order a new four plug harness to try out.

Also there is a red 10 gauge wire with black plug hanging there also where the 10 pin is. This motor was part of a twin and think its some sort of power for the other.

The engine that came off the was a 1999 150 ox66 with a burnt up rod bearing.

Thanks for the help.

Also on a 1500 hour engine can I switch to Moblie 1 or would the smarter and more experienced stay with Yamalube.

Comment

Mobile 1 will be just fine if you choose to use it.

What gauges are in the boat?

The red wire is the isolator lead to a second battery.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Boscoe. I have the ones that came with the f225. Pic f.jpg

Comment

Does the tachometer have one four pin connector on the back or two four pin connectors?

Comment

The tach has 2 I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post
                The tach has 2 I believe
                I thought it might. Unfortunately, your motor uses but one four pin nylon connector. You will need to use an adapter harness at the tachometer. See diagram below.

And of course make sure the tachometer has been changed from the three wire sender to a two wire sender and from two stroke mode to four stroke mode.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

You will need to use an adapter harness at the tachometer. See diagram below.

Could one not simply back the #5 contact out of the harness connector it is currently in -

and move it into the appropriate spot on the other connector?

Comment

Guys I appreciate the help. That diagram I have not found and is a huge help. Is there a tach I can get as an upgrade or can I run the command link stuff or again is there a way that you feel is better? Like swapping the pin in the connector.

Comment

The pins are gendered. They are not gaay. Won't be plugging a male pin to a male pin. Yamaha has not yet embraced LGBT stuff.

Some will cut and splice.

Comment

Fairwinds can explain a Command Link to NMEA 2000 device for you.

Comment

you could instead go with Command Link -
                          there is a similar looking round tach that also would permit display of engine temp, or oil pressure, or voltage, or cooling water pressure (with a sender)
                          or the rectangular 6YC display - which gives you even more: fuel, economy

but personally I think that multifunction tach is a fine instrument;
                          with the trim, warning indicators, and engine hours (particularly if those match the engine) its hard to beat.
                          I kept mine even though I have my Garmin units connected via N2K, and use them to display engine data.

what is your GPS/plotter situation/plan?

Comment

I have a Simrad go9xse that I'm getting used to. Also a Gamin 5 series I think. Was thinking about getting another Simrad unit like a 7 or go with an nss 9 evo3. But also like the yamaha 6yc. I'm getting a 4g radar set up soon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

the 6YC is nice, and all Yamaha instruments seem to be well made and durable

but a NMEA 2000 capable GPS/plotter - particularly if you have more than one - does as well or better to display engine data

the latest wrinkle is that (apparently, I haven't seen it first hand) - Garmin and Simrad - at least some models -
                              will have the software to "emulate" a Command Link display
                              if connected using the Yamaha Command Link/NMEA 2000 Gateway device

Comment

Working...
                              X