Ignition timing adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition timing adjustment

hey guys chasing some info on f25tlhw ignition timing adjustment as doesnt appear to be no adjustment spot thx

Not sure what is the reason for adjusting the timing but maybe consider/check your fuel delivery system first. as it's more likely the source of running problems.....

Comment

service manual would come in handy for your motor.
      My C40 has the timing adjusted BY the CDi, but I have no clue how you motor is set up

Comment

I suspect that in the F25TLHW it is all computer con*****ed. Based on a number of inputs to the computer the computer (CDI) decides when to fire the spark plug.

Comment

If nobody has been screwing with your timing then maybe assume it's good to go. My C90 is almost 20 years old and the timing would be about the last thing I'd suspect of causing a running issue....heck, it's set at the factory, so how would it get off?

Comment

Maybe he wants to know where it gets its timing from, crank position sensor/ coil what?

Comment

Here is your manual, check your serial # against the chart a few pages in to make sure it is applicable.
              https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/se...maha-f25w/file

Read about the ignition/timing system there.

Comment

Read above Section 8-2 to 8-10 pulsar coil (2). I might have missed something I am none the wiser, but it seems pulsar coil fixed but parameters can be measured, and timing all done in CDI

Comment

Working...
                X