Motor flusher question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor flusher question

If i connect a motor flusher to my lower unit and to a water source,how long can i run my engine. I need to get it warm so it will act up. I need to troubleshoot a fuel problem.
    I would take it to the water but work and weather are not cooperating.

Thank for the help
    Warren

Some models will run on muffs without over heating until hell freezes. Some will over heat in a few minutes.

Now some that will over heat on muffs in a few minutes time can be made to run until hell freezes over without over heating. Use two garden hoses (or a Y at the end of one hose) so that water can be added to the motor at both the lower unit via the muffs and at garden hose flush fitting. My F200 would over heat in maybe ten minutes on just the muffs. With the muffs and the garden hose fitting I never had an over heat problem. But I got tired of waiting for hell.

Comment

The motor is a 2003 vmax 200 ox66. Guess I should have stated that earlier. Sorry about that.

Comment

Get a big barrel, you need to cover the exaust ports above the gear case or it will over heat.

Comment

I've ran mine ('00 250HP OX66) for 30 minutes, many times, with no overheating - just on muffs.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Good for you, 90 percent will over heat.

Comment

the 3.1L may overtemp on just the muffs. like boscoe said simply use both.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                Good for you, 90 percent will over heat.
                How do you come up with "90%"? Seems like you have a little attitude with that "good for you" part? Why? My only intent was to give the OP real life experience with a similar motor. Given how many times I've done it, and other (albeit smaller) 2-strokes and have never had an issue (I do monitor it), I find it hard to believe that this is that much of a problem. Done it literally hundreds of times on stern drives too, but that's a different beast so not a good comparison.

However, to the OP, like the others mentioned, you certainly can't go wrong with using the two hoses.

Comment

I have over 20 some years of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                    I have over 20 some years of experience.
                    OK. Well not I'm interested in a pissing contest. It's not helpful to the board.

Comment

no it is not

Comment

Please, take it on over to The Hull Truth.

That's were I go to vent some and hopefully stir some pots.

Jekyll and Hyde I be.

Comment

Never ben there, but ok.

Comment

There is a VERY huge advantage, though, to running it in a bucket (although it needs to be a pretty wide one to get the gearcase in there).... it's MUCH quieter! These beasts are LOUD when you don't have the "muffler" attached. Warren, if you run it in a bucket, remember to keep the water flowing into it to keep the level up. I have a plastic, 55-gallon drum that I cut down to use for this purpose. Sometimes you can find them on Craigslist for about $10 or $20.

Comment

I have a 10%'er, F150 that'll run on muffs, single side, ALL DAY LONG....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...n/photostream/

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-15-2018, 06:59 PM.
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                              X