Lower unit S250turx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit S250turx

I had a pinion gear failure, once I disassembled the drive shaft bearing came out in pieces. All the roller bearings just fell out. Is this a caged bearing? I didn't see any material to indicate there was a cage holding them together but as old as it is you never know. The bearing part# 93311-832V2-00. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I do not think those have any cage

Comment

Thanks. The rollers appear to be in good shape. I'll try and get them back in with some grease and slide the driveshaft back in place.

Comment

How's everything else look in the gear case? Did the pinion blow to pieces?

Comment

Yup, how did it go?

Comment

Noticed excessive metal when I drained it. The pinion gear had four teeth that started coming apart. Everything else looks good.

Comment

use vasoline to hold the rollers in place,not just random grease.

Comment

I would replace all the bearings, wash the case out with soapy water and blow dry. That metel went through the bearings.

Comment

yea if it was in the lube it is a good chance it get in the bearings

Comment

nice thing about that particular bearing is all the rollers fall out and can be inspected.

Comment

I am not sure my eyes are still good enough to inspect those small rollers, but then they make maginfiers for us old folks

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        I am not sure my eyes are still good enough to inspect those small rollers, but then they make maginfiers for us old folks
                        With lights.

Comment

I usually walk out into the sunshine to take a good look, but then I need a hand held glass or 2 pair of glasses

Comment

Originally posted by bucktail01 View Post
                            Noticed excessive metal when I drained it. The pinion gear had four teeth that started coming apart. Everything else looks good.
                            Got any pics of said pinion gear or the metal that you found?

Comment

Working...
                            X