S200hp Temp alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S200hp Temp alarms

I have a 1997 S200TXRW I was using it yesterday while I was running the engine started to slow down and an alarm came on a stedy buzzing sound. The motor was coming out of the teltail hole but the engine would not cool down. I don't know if it is a water problem or something else. I have pull the foot and checked the water pump there is no cracks and little or no wear on the plate I don't think it is the water pump. After doing some reading I think it might be the oil injection system does anyone know how to disconnect the system I will just mix the oir and gas. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance for any assistance you might have,
    Last edited by scuba8666; 10-27-2013, 08:58 PM.

Originally posted by scuba8666 View Post
    The motor was coming out of the teltail hole but the engine would not cool down.
    It is never good to have your motor coming out of the tell tail.
    must have been very hot to melt the metal and have it come out like that.

Did you look at your gauges to see what they were telling you the alarm was?
    Over temp and low oil level will set alarm and reduce RPMs
    and some times water in fuel or low voltage on some motors will sound alarm, but I do not think they drop RPM but I could be wrong

Comment

My motor does not have the Yamaha gages so I don't get any kind of a code. I ment the water sorry about that.

Comment

look at oil tank on motor
        If it is low that will set off the alarm

low oil level or overheat are the ones to troubleshoot, need figure out what is coming in before you can fix it

If it is overheat then thermostats and the temp switches can be tested to make sure they are operating in spec

Comment

fuel issue

Im having a fuel problem on a 1998 s200TXRW My problem is my motor is not getting gas. it idles OK but when I try to get on plane it starts starving for gas I can pump the bulb and it will run when I stop pumping the bulb it will slow down. I have changed out my water separator and cleaned out the separator on the motor but my it continues to do the same thing. I think my next step is to change the fuel pump am I on the right track?

Comment

Why are you posting your problem on someone elses thread?
            Start your own

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              Why are you posting your problem on someone elses thread?
              Start your own
              It's the same guy. He should have started a new thread.

First try a separate fuel source to isolate the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X