2014 Yamaha F70 internal anodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    I don't see any other anodes than what's posted above.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...202/parts.html Part #4

On my 2006 F150, I checked and replaced the anodes, just LAST year. One was pretty bad, probably 50% gone..(lowest one in the head), the rest could have been cleaned up.

I'm very anal on flushing, recently starting using Salt Away.

I did not use any Loctite/sealer on those bolts. I just snugged em down, new seals, twist and install.

Pick away the salt and there's a bit of anode gone:

The one anode that I have has a similiar attachment system to the one shown in your picture does not call for loctite ether.

My anodes do look good and they probably are worth another year or two, but I'm in the mode to replace them so I might as well. I'm curious to see the other two (yet to take them out).
    Last edited by Pangafla; 02-11-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The lower one in the head seemed to be the worst for some reason...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If you leave these anodes in too long, (with or without the benefits of flushing) there is a reasonable possibility that the anode will fall off and drop down behind the cylinder head. This can cause an overheat condition as it likely will block a cooling passage. It is possible to hook them out with a lot of luck. The alternative is to remove the head. Solution, check them every year.

Comment

These anodes seem to last a very long time on Yamahas. I'm sure there are exceptions. The anodes on my F150 were eight years old. They looked decent but I had the parts and replaced them. Scott's, above, are dirty but would clean up pretty good. Not very distorted.

Suzuki anodes are different. Master tech here in Savannah recommends yearly replacement. He has samples that look pretty bad. Made of something more reactive I assume. Which may be a good thing. They work.

Last edited by pstephens46; 02-12-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Plus 1 ^^.

Two would have cleaned up and still work (saved one), but while there just replaced them. Again, they were 10 years old / original.. (Low hour engine)-always flushed running on muffs ((to open thermostat AND thru the aux hose))

Note, when they (Yamaha parts shop) brought out was supposed to in there, they looked VERY different than what I had. Had to run home and get what I had and return.

They did not know the difference, but the price was TWO times as much for what I had (and replaced with), well over $60.00 for anodes and seals.
            Perhaps the much higher price lasted longer (less protection?).. Very little corrosion inside, the PCV area was the worst..

They also brought to my attention, from the factory, there was supposed to be a sealing washer in each unit (forgot the order). Mine didn't have any (no leaks). Anyway, bought and installed those too..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              Suzuki anodes are different. Master tech here in Savannah recommends yearly replacement. He has samples that look pretty bad. Made of something more reactive I assume.
              somebody needs to spring for a silver/silver chloride reference electrode and do some testing

Comment

Working...
              X