2007 F250TXR fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F250TXR fault code

Hey guys, trying to exhaust all my basics before caring to the shop, any help is appreciated.2007 F250TXR threw code 126 and wouldn’t run above 1400rpm, limped Home left over night and check engine warning went away. Ran it next day for about an hour and it did it again. Have cleaned all battery cable ends. Any ideas what is causing the throttle position sensor fault?

Check the input voltage to the TPS.

If the input voltage to the TPS is incorrect then check then check the ECU output voltage to the TPS. If the ECU output voltage is correct but the input voltage to the TPS is incorrect inspect the wiring. If the ECU output is incorrect then replace the ECU.

If the input voltage to the TPS is correct then check the output voltage from the TPS. If the output voltage is incorrect replace the TPS. If the output voltage from the TPS is correct then check the TPS voltage to the ECU at the ECU. If the voltage to the ECU is incorrect inspect the wiring from the TPS to the ECU. If the voltage to the ECU is correct but the problem persists then replace the ECU.

But before you do anything at all I would disconnect and reconnect the TPS connector several times and I would disconnect and reconnect the ECU connector several times. You might just get lucky and find a poor connectivity issue across a connector.

Comment

What is the supply voltage supposed to be to tps?

Comment

Five volts.

Comment

Thank you, I had 4.8v input on tps but that’s as far as I got today.

Comment

5V + or- .2v
            check the ref and outputs at the failure RPM and load. also look at the diagram and see if the ref voltage shares any other sensor.

Comment

Working...
            X