No announcement yet.

Yamaha 150 TXRC: Lot of black specks in carb bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Yamaha floats rarely fail, what would caused them to fail?
    And then why would cause the replacements (we have only guessed are not original) to have that rough surface.?
    What possible chemical dissolves plastic and not destroy other plastics and not damage the engine burning? I know of some thin food containers go soft and can leak when gasoline is left in them after using them to clean parts.
    Surely there can't be idiots using the wrong plastic making petrol carb floats! They'll be found out in extremely short amount of time I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
      If Yamaha floats rarely fail, what would caused them to fail?
      And then why would cause the replacements (we have only guessed are not original) to have that rough surface.?
      What possible chemical dissolves plastic and not destroy other plastics and not damage the engine burning? I know of some thin food containers go soft and can leak when gasoline is left in them after using them to clean parts.
      Surely there can't be idiots using the wrong plastic making petrol carb floats! They'll be found out in extremely short amount of time I would think.
      Ethanol has eaten the inside of my fuel lines and turned them to mush.

Chinese knock offs, who the heck knows what their made off. That's why I'll spend the extra $ for OEM..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Probably too late for Psalm99 but I had a similar problem and tried everything external to carbs. But my black specs were in the carb bowls and were a result of the black carb bowl gaskets between the two halves were deteriorated and stopping up the passages. replaced and cleaned bowls, now i have good idle and no engine cut out problems.
        1991 Kingfisher 179. Yamaha ProV 150, P150TLRP,Ser#352453, code 6J9L, eng#038614. prop-SS. 25-M.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bailey View Post
          Probably too late for Psalm99 but I had a similar problem and tried everything external to carbs. But my black specs were in the carb bowls and were a result of the black carb bowl gaskets between the two halves were deteriorated and stopping up the passages. replaced and cleaned bowls, now i have good idle and no engine cut out problems.
          I remember that thread with the black speckles...

Don't think I read about the fix... Bowl gaskets?? That's a new one, perhaps Chinese knock offs, but good to know...

Tks,
          Scott

Comment

I have a feeling you were thinking of this thread about the black specks as that is what I was thinking.
            Jerry's thread was just a single post about what he found on his

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              I have a feeling you were thinking of this thread about the black specks as that is what I was thinking.
              Jerry's thread was just a single post about what he found on his
              Yep, I just read this RECENT post, not the entire thread... Tks..
              Scott

Comment

Just wanted to share a similar experienced here. Got this 1990 130hp v4 a year ago, had issues with needle not sitting properly on one carb and specks of black stuff in bowl. Long story short, the gasket between bottom and top part was coming apart and the orings around the main jet was black and falling apart too (oem is orange/red). Looked like someone had used an after market oRing, perhaps an entire after market rebuilt kit, not sure. Cleaned up everything, replaced all gaskets, floats, needles and Orings with oem parts and it solved all of the issues.

good luck. 1 1 1
                1990 Yamaha 130v4 130ETXD.

Comment

Working...
                X