F90 stuck anode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

There is no jacket to be removed my boy! No cylinder head cover. The head would have to come off.

Then the argument(s) can ensue about whether the head bolts are to be scrapped or retained for reuse.
    I didn't look at no stinking diagrams! No time to study. Trying to close out the miserable 2017. Everyone wants money. Heathens.

Lots of junk in that motor. Any way you want to slice it.

Where is everyone? Yam? Rod? Etc

Comment

And everyone will have an opinion!!!!
      Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Man, that looks like a blast! Wish I had done some of that when I was younger. Didn't Yamaha build some carts or engines at one time?
        Google "Legends car Racing" they have a Yamaha motorcycle engine in them.

Comment

Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKxO5Y077g
          Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by haybailkiller View Post
            resize2.jpg

I pulled that today and cleaned block. The t stat is stuck open but blocked and will be replaced.
            Use something to try to clean the passages,
            but if blocked the solution will not get to all of them
            unless it is done long enough to clear things and get to the others

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Use something to try to clean the passages,
              but if blocked the solution will not get to all of them
              unless it is done long enough to clear things and get to the others
              I cleaned with a piece of wire that I could bend to fit different sections and curves as I used a shop vac to suck up all the junk. I blew compressed air in the t stat hole and shop vac at the anode holes until all signs of salt were gone. Looking in each hole I can see clean casting through out. Time will tell but is appears to be clean through out the block . Im now waiting for parts. Thanks to everyone for your input. I have a timing belt question I guess I should start an new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Man, that looks like a blast! Wish I had done some of that when I was younger. Didn't Yamaha build some carts or engines at one time?
                I am blessed with a wife who knows that life is very short so if there is something either of us wants to try we support each other. I always wanted to race ,so at 55 I did it and retired at 60. My wife and son made it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by haybailkiller View Post

I use to race champ karts ,which is a racing kart with a roll cage, and most tracks used hay bails to stop you when you were spun out or spun on your own. One track I went to the drivers were not kind to non local drivers and I got to meet several hay bails up close and personal. My son said , man you killing the hay bails ! So it stuck as my screen name on any forum I use.
                  My wife's horse is also into "killing" hay bales. (The way we spell it)

Comment

I was thinking more in tune of sticking the bales of hay with arrows for some reason.

I know a guy that does not hunt, but shoots arrows from a long bow at long distance at bales of hay.
                    Kind of like the old days of wars with nights and castles
                    sets up 2 bales ,shoots a bunch of arrows at one and then walks over,pulls the arrows and shoots back at the other one.
                    he also shoots rifles long distance.
                    just some of his hobbies
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 01-12-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      I was thinking more in tune of sticking the bales of hay with arrows for some reason.

I know a guy that does not hunt, but shoots arrows from a long bow at long distance at bales of hay.
                      Kind of like the old days of wars with nights and castles
                      sets up 2 bales ,shoots a bunch of arrows at one and then walks over,pulls the arrows and shoots back at the other one.
                      he also shoots rifles long distance.
                      just some of his hobbies
                      Smart to have a target at both ends, halves the walking.
                      Unfortunately my friend thought he was also smart doing this by attaching a target to his house from where he commenced shooting! Not so smart!

Comment

If I kill a bail and have to go to jale will they let me post bale?

Comment

We (stupid brother and I) used to target shoot arrows to see how close we could get them back to their starting point. Shot them straight up as best we could. It was then only a matter of waiting until the arrow coming back downward could be seen so that we knew if and when to move a bit to one side or not. This is the same brother that shot me in the forehead with his BB gun. He behind a well and me behind a pine tree shooting at each other. I shoulda chose the well and not the damn tree. This was all done after walking out on the semi-frozen lake as far as we dared with the sound of ice cracking all around.

Comment

I must have been nice? After having one of my verbal disagreements with my brother one summer out on our grandpas farm I shot him in the butt with my BB gun. Of course he went and told grandpa and I was in a heap of trouble.

At least grandpa never told mom or dad!

I hope haybail was done with his thread that we have now hijacked?
                            Last edited by dray0151; 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM.
                            Dennis

Comment

Yes we did some of that stuff too, when the arrow disappeared we would panic and run tho.
                              we did not wait until we could see it coming back down to earth

once during a cold spell down here a creek froze over and we also walked around on the ice.
                              we could see bass and perch not moving under the ice, so we found big rocks and started breaking the ice to get to the fish until my little sister fell thru the ice. good thing it was not deep, but still had to go home quickly because she got wet and cold
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 01-12-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Anyone besides me ever have a set of Jarts?
                                otherwise known as Javelin Darts.

Last edited by pstephens46; 01-12-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X