Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haybailkiller
    replied
    Thanks for the info on the engine. The anode in this engine has two bolts that attach it to the head. There is a third in the center that secures the anode. I have tried to remove the center bolt but its very small and I don't want to ring it off as whats left of the anode may fall into the water jacket. . The other two came out with normal pressure. I have it covered with penetrant soaking overnight. Hopefully that will help.

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    A 2003 F90 is an interference motor.

Regarding removal of the anode, I am guessing that a slide hammer with a bolt screwed into the anode could be used to fish it out. Or a long drill of the right diameter to drill the anode into submission.

Leave a comment:

• haybailkiller
    started a topic F90 stuck anode

F90 stuck anode

Just bought a boat that came with a 2003 F90 and it appears the anodes were never replaced. The one in the exhaust cover came out with no problem. The lower one in the head came out with a tool I made with lots of twisting . There is only a small point left and the hole is totally blocked with salt and corrosion. The upper one will not budge when applying ,what I think, is a lot of pressure. Thanks for any ideas? Also, is this an interference engine as the timing belt is also original with 556 hours?
Working...
X