Yamaha-Furuno for fairdeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha-Furuno for fairdeal

Interesting stuff here for you to ponder. Why ever buy a Yamaha MFD display?

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/si...nformation.pdf

yes - thanks for sharing. I assume that is similar to the Navico capabilities I have been reading of.

I have no familiarity with Furuno; refreshingly clear/comprehensive documentation.

"All setups and indications of Yamaha engine gauges that have been available with the dedicated Yamaha displays are all available on a large color screen "

Makes me wonder, does the Yamaha CL7 device ("Garmin") have ANY additional capability that a Furuno or Lowrance /Simrad would not?

perhaps only that the CL7 has the "Gateway" built -in ?
    Last edited by fairdeal; 01-02-2018, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
      yes - thanks for sharing. I assume that is similar to the Navico capabilities I have been reading of.

I have no familiarity with Furuno; refreshingly clear/comprehensive documentation.

"All setups and indications of Yamaha engine gauges that have been available with the dedicated Yamaha displays are all available on a large color screen "

Makes me wonder, does the Yamaha CL7 device ("Garmin") have ANY additional capability that a Furuno or Lowrance /Simrad would not?

perhaps only that the CL7 has the "Gateway" built -in ?
      She do.

The CL7 display also features a robust NMEA 2000® internal gateway, allowing displayed data to be output to approved MFD models and brands including Garmin,® Furuno,® Simrad® and Lowrance.®

Comment

When will monitors and processors be separated?
        so that guts can be updated and new holes do not have to be cut?

Comment

Working...
        X