Every one on vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjm-1957 View Post
    Been snowing here since around 9 am. It did get up to a balmy 24 this afternoon.I think we got about 5-6 inches so far.
    that must be a slow snow to only drop 5-6" in that many hours

Comment

Wife and I down here in Cedar Key, fl. For this week....brought my canoe and 3HP Tanaka....hopefully find a few red fish or trout in some holes...it ain't toasty warm but 60 degrees and sunny are fine for us!....

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
        What doe's Boscoe do for yamaha? I have one boat left to work on, replace the gear case, too cold for my old ass.
        Criticize them.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Criticize them.
          Must be top secret. Better not ask anymore questions, Don't want to disappear yet.
          Dennis
          Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

High of 20 with 25mpg gusts. Screw the NFL and the Ravens tomorrow. Heathens.

Last edited by pstephens46; 12-31-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Criticize them.
              The secrets out!

Boscoe (Jethro) used to work for Yamaha.

He's the guy you (or the dealer tech) would call (at Yamaha Tech Department) when you / they had issues they couldn't figure out. Thus, access to parts #'s, diagrams, systems, etc...

Besides owning his own Yamaha engine(s) and of course, as noted, criticize them!
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I see my criticism as constructive.

Fix the damn data! It was embarrassing when data faults were pointed out and the reply had to be "we know". Thank you for your call.

Comment

Low 30s during the day - ****s at night, here in NC. My son duck hunted one morning this week, 15 at daylight - shotgun froze to his waders !
                  '87 Outrage 18, '04 F150
                  '97 SeaArk 15, F25

Comment

Originally posted by tarheel53 View Post
                    Low 30s during the day - ****s at night, here in NC. My son duck hunted one morning this week, 15 at daylight - shotgun froze to his waders !

I had my wet glove freeze to a gun barrel before.
                    also had a pair of camo pants over my waders to help protect them from sticks and gravel, freeze so hard I could not bend my knees when I came out of the river onto a sand bar after retrieving a duck.

The old farm house we were staying in was so cold that when I stood those pants up in the bath tub to let them thaw out ,the pants stayed frozen for a couple of days ever tho we had a heater running in the kitchen behind the bathroom door.
                    thank goodness for electric blankets

I just aint that mad at them ducks anymore.

Comment

Speaking of it being so damn cold

I was sitting in the bathtub counting my toes,
                      When the radiator broke, water all froze.
                      I got stuck in the ice without my clothes,
                      Naked as the eyes of a clown.
                      I was crying ice cubes hoping I'd croak,
                      When the sun come through the window, the ice all broke.
                      I stood up and laughed thought it was a joke
                      That's the way that the world goes 'round.

Comment

Was that one some more of your endless reading and research Boscoe?
                        Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
                          Was that one some more of your endless reading and research Boscoe?
                          It was from listening to John Prine. Being frozen to one's clothes reminded me of it.

Comment

Beautiful country views and great music. Love the guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9yTAFLaSM
                            Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

I had my wet glove freeze to a gun barrel before.
                              also had a pair of camo pants over my waders to help protect them from sticks and gravel, freeze so hard I could not bend my knees when I came out of the river onto a sand bar after retrieving a duck.

The old farm house we were staying in was so cold that when I stood those pants up in the bath tub to let them thaw out ,the pants stayed frozen for a couple of days ever tho we had a heater running in the kitchen behind the bathroom door.
                              thank goodness for electric blankets

I just aint that mad at them ducks anymore.
                              Remember those old gas space heaters? Which you had to stand in front of and rotate like a rotisserie to try and get warm. Where if you stood in one place too long your jeans might get fire hot on the heater side. Then a brother or sister would come up and pull the hot cloth against your legs. Ladies nighty's were known to catch fire and do damage. Hard to drop and roll when your backside is on fire. Easier to try and outrun the flames. In theory. The houses were so poorly sealed that there was little danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I remember days when wash was hung on the line and it froze before it had a chance to fully dry. Ever try to pull on a pair of frozen jeans to wear to school?

I also am no longer mad at ducks. Or animals. Should have left them alone. I like better seeing them flying or prancing around rather than being dead.

Comment

We must have been ahead of our time, my Mom had a clothes line downstairs for winter use. The pants and underwear were just slightly cool! My grandparents had one of the coal heaters in the kitchen you had to move around to keep from burning up.
                                Dennis

Comment

Working...
                                X