2006 F150 NMEA connection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F150 NMEA connection ?

Can someone help me with connecting an NMEA cable to this F150 engine. Everything I have read says from 2006 onwards you are able to plug in an NMEA cable (Lowrance - Yamaha).
    Have attached photos of every plug I can find and serial #.

I can't help think I am missing something simple here?
    Could it be possible that being an Australian model it is an earlier model although the serial # says 2006?

Thanks
    TMC
    Attached Files

I don't see the proper connector. if it is there it is a white 4 pin with a blue and white wire.
    may I also suggest next time your in the rigging try to get the speedo connection outside the cowl.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt,
      I have an F70 and can find the connector with the blue and white wire on that engine, although it is plugged into the harness. I assume that is for the Yamaha gauges as I have not fitted anything NMEA related.

TMC

Comment

Originally posted by the mad cat View Post
        Everything I have read says from 2006 onwards you are able to plug in an NMEA cable (Lowrance - Yamaha).
        Have attached photos of every plug I can find and serial #.

Could it be possible that being an Australian model it is an earlier model although the serial # says 2006?
        seems so - with that -11 ECU, you would have neither NMEA output, nor (I suspect) the needed harness (which would also permit a later ECU)

Comment

Rodbolt, are you able to see the pics better now that the site has updated?
          I am thinking you may be since you posted about his pics

Guessing the speedo rigging change has to do with keeping water spraying all over under there if a leak happens

Comment

USA F150 motors introduced Command Link (NMEA 2000 output) beginning with our F150TLR/TXR models. I seem to recall that Command Link came later in non-USA models. Why? Don't know.

A -11 ECU does not have the CL output. This is the ECU dash number that replaced the -10 ECU. The -10 ECU was used on USA C (2004) models.

Look at the part number label on your engine main wire harness. Is it a -10 or a -20 part number? A -10 is pre CL. A -20 is post CL.

If your motor had the correct ECU then the CL connector would be found in the engine as depicted in the illustration below.
            Last edited by boscoe99; 12-26-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

This is the only part # that I can find at this stage.
              What I am after is fuel burn information but at this stage NMEA is looking doubtful and so is CL.

Attached Files

Comment

I have a F150TXRD and is a 2005 model here in Australia and i have hooked up NMEA2000 to my engine. I found the plug low and at the front. Its great being able to see fuel usage and other data.

Last edited by Aquamort; 12-27-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquamort View Post
                  I have a F150TXRD and is a 2005 model here in Australia and i have hooked up NMEA2000 to my engine. I found the plug low and at the front. Its great being able to see fuel usage and other data.

AN F150TXRD is a model sold in the USA market. An F150AET is similar but different.

Comment

Originally posted by the mad cat View Post
                    This is the only part # that I can find at this stage.
                    What I am after is fuel burn information but at this stage NMEA is looking doubtful and so is CL.
                    That is the part number for the main engine wire harness. About the only part on the motor that carries the complete part number.

A -01 harness absolutely, positively will not have a Command Link connector. You are looking for that which does not exist. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X