Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resurrecting a mint ProV200 - impeller/Tstat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enduroman View Post
    Ok thanks 99yam40. The tutorial that I used to change the impeller had me turn that shaft. How do I get lower unit back in neutral?
    The LU should have been in neutral so you can spin the main drive shaft when installing the housing over the impellor. If it shifted on the bench, its not a big deal.

Now, when re-assembling, everything MUST be in neutral. You should be able to spin both shafts (main and the prop shaft) with neither acting on each other nor clicking (borderline engaugement) IF its IN NEUTRAL.

Should you have bumped the shifter, with something soft (or with a thin piece of aluminum) grab the shifter on the LU spline (I'd use a small vise grip with the above mentioned soft aluminum), gently, (don't tear up the splines) and shift it forward and back while having someone turn the main drive shaft. You should feel and see (the prop shaft) go into full engaugement in forward and reverse as you shift.

You want it in-between(neutral), not engauging, no clicking (if it clicks, its partially in forward or reverse).
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

That worked! Shifting it back into neutral did the trick. So I did not need to try putting the engine down this time. Regardless, thanks to all of you – im back on the water. Dan

Comment

Excellent! Happy boating!
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X