No announcement yet.

What size Four Stroke would be best???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size Four Stroke would be best???

Hello...I have a Pro-Line 2550 offshore boat, dry weight is 6000 lb. I'm currently running twin 200hp Johnsons but planning on getting twin Yamaha's before next spring...the fuel mileage is killing me!!! I currently only get about .5 to .86 MPG at best. I need some help determining what range in HP would work. I wont to achieve the best fuel mileage possible of course but don't want to spend thousands to find out that I don't have enough HP to push the boat. I want to be able to run 28 to 30 mph at cruising speed. Can I achieve this with twin 150hp and if so would they have better fuel mileage than the 200hp??? Any suggestions....

You might go to: Yamaha Outboard Performance Bulletins, to try to get an idea regarding fuel flows, MPG, GPH, MPH....Outboards generally run A WOT GPH flow rate more or less equal to 10 percent of the motor's rated HP....in your case 50 GPH at WOT....good luck!

Comment

That would be 40 GPH at WOT for your twin 200's...not 250's....my mistake...

Comment

Thanks...I check it out and it shows the twin 200hp will get better fuel gph than the 150's. Guess I will start looking for twin 200XCA...Thanks again

Comment

Have a look on attachment.
          Have the test of the F200 4 cylinders.

Comparing with previous V6 at WOT consumption is a "little more" about 1gl/h

So far no other fuel consumption tests with the new F200 that I know.
          Last edited by almetelo; 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X