No announcement yet.

2001 OX66 Extremely hard Start....Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 OX66 Extremely hard Start....Help!

Hello, I have a 2001 Ox66 225 that has been getting harder and harder to start.

It is to the point where it will take 25-30 minutes of cranking to fire up at the ramp. Once it finally fires up, it runs great, idles beautiful, runs WOT perfect. It will even fire right back up if I shut it off, BUT after 2 hours of sitting it gets kinda hard to start again, just not as long. If it sits for a few days, the problem starts all over again at its worst... The engine turns good when trying to crank but will just not fire.

Water Fuel Separator is new.
    Low pressure Fuel pumps looks new.
    All other filters are new and cleaned.

I tested the Low pressure pumps, unbolted them and pumped ball, but nothing dumped out. Not sure if this is right.... but I un-screwed the screws on the low pressure pumps and pumped the ball which had gas squirting out of them, some way worse than others, and the top one had just the sound of air squirting with little fuel.

Could this be an O2 sensor? I am to the point where I am stumped on this. I even tried cranking it with a brand new battery which still wouldnt fire it up. Once it did fire up, it smoked like crazy for a few seconds, then was normal.

I tried getting into the VST to clean the screen, but some of the small screws are stripped, so I think I'm screwed on getting in there now. But I have no problems wide open throttle.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

you REALLY need to get inside the vapor tank, use whatever means to remove and replace screws-
    replace filter
    your first method of testing lp pumps is right
    *need to test 02*
    linc/sync

Comment

Thanks, I am gonna work on getting in that tank today. Anyone know if the O2 sensor could be so fouled up its preventing it from starting? Is the 'sync and link' needed to be performed by the dealer?

Also could the simplest thing such as spark plugs have anything to do with it? I have yet to change them.

Comment

did you ever figure out the problem with the hard starting? I am having the same issue.

Comment

Working...
        X