Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low voltage at remote pump motor

i have twin 150etxd on a 1990 Grady.
    Had a ungrounded sensor on the port remote oil tank giving a yellow indication
    Read all the posts and fixed that..thanks.
    Problem is now when measuring voltage at brown wire at pump I get 7.5 volts.
    I have 12.45 at yellow wire at key and then 8.0 at yellow wire on motor.

Could some internal corrosion in the wire harness really cause this much voltage drop ?

Motor runs good but no oil gets pumped to main tank normally or with emergency switch. Connecting 12 volts directly to brown wire at connector on motor remote tank pumps oil fine.
    Thanks for all the help

yep, check the connector at the engine to oil tank harness, if that still shows bad voltage under a load then unwrap the harness and find the bad splice about 6" aft of the 10 pin main harness.

Comment

Thanks,
      As soon as the gale passes I'll take a look. Blowing 50s at Newport, or.!

Comment

Hello guys... if still on this post I’m having the same exact issue with one of my 1989 twin 150’s. Are you suggesting to unwrap the 10-pin harness at the key switch? Is there a history of bad splices at this location? Thx.

Comment

very old post you brought up

Comment

What’s your point?

Comment

Probably best to start a new thread. Provide your engine data and what you have done to try and fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpson3300 View Post
                What’s your point?
                The point is that it is considered poor form to hijack another mans thread. Better that you start a new one. State your problem.

The answer to another mans problem might not be the solution to your problem. If you follow the other mans solution you may go down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Wasn’t my intention to hijack anyone’s post. As these posts are intended to educate that greater community, I was only attempting to get clarification on what was written in an older post. But I don’t know the protocol in this forum. Will start a new post. Thx.

Comment

if you click on their user name, it will show when they were here last.
                    seems it was back in 2015, so not likely they will even see your question.
                    new post is always best

Comment

Working...
                    X