convert 20 hp yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert 20 hp yamaha

got Yamaha 20hp tiller handle, want to convert to cable style steering what do I need to do this and what it costs

dont do it !! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

the parts will kill ya!

Comment

are you trying to convert to remote control and steer or just remote steer?

Comment

convert

I'm not sure, but just want to install steering wheel cable system and not use tiller handle. need to know what I would need, and if kit available,,

Comment

So you do not know if you are going to want to remotely start and stop the motor along with remote steer and throttle?
          Really need to know what you are trying to do and if you have electric start now.

Post your model # and maybe Boat.net will be able to see if kit is available to do what you want

Comment

I'm trying to convert my 40 hp two stroke yamaha to tiller handle style but i need a tiller handle and throttle cable...can you guys help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              So you do not know if you are going to want to remotely start and stop the motor along with remote steer and throttle?
              Really need to know what you are trying to do and if you have electric start now.

Post your model # and maybe Boat.net will be able to see if kit is available to do what you want
              Thank you, sorry it took so long, Have a 20 hp Yamaha model 20MSHY YR.2000, on a 16' aluminum boat, , but I want to just use steering with cable , electric start to expensive, so I was going to use pull cord start, there is a place for starter and I would have to find and change flywheel, what else would I need to change, Would need throttle and cables. and a diagram showing all connections. what about battery connections and what to change to use battery.. thank you kindly

Comment

Originally posted by marine17 View Post
                Thank you, sorry it took so long, Have a 20 hp Yamaha model 20MSHY YR.2000, on a 16' aluminum boat, , but I want to just use steering with cable , electric start to expensive, so I was going to use pull cord start, there is a place for starter and I would have to find and change flywheel, what else would I need to change, Would need throttle and cables. and a diagram showing all connections. what about battery connections and what to change to use battery.. thank you kindly
                Kind of sounds like you still do not know what you want to do yet, and my reply before still stands

Post your model # and maybe Boat.net will be able to see if kit is available to do what you want.

Sending me a PM will not get the info you need from them

Comment

convertion kit

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  Kind of sounds like you still do not know what you want to do yet, and my reply before still stands

Post your model # and maybe Boat.net will be able to see if kit is available to do what you want.

Sending me a PM will not get the info you need from them
                  I want to convert from tiller handle to CABLE STEERING, with remote start, I have a YAMAHA 20 HP. MODEL # 20 MSHY IS there a conversion kit that I could use.. and what would it cost for this kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X