Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the pilot screw plug on a F90TLRB carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove the pilot screw plug on a F90TLRB carb?

The plug 67F-14355-00-00 is brass, flat and smooth. The pilot screw shows a slotted head inside the port under the plug. I can't find any mention in my SELOC 4-stroke outboards repair manual on how to remove the plug. I will be rebuilding all four carbs. This is a 2003.

Thanks for any help!
    Rod
    Last edited by Rodsquest; 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM.

those are epa carbs and not to be adjusted. but to get them out drill a very small hole in them, snag it with a small screw and pull them out. put tape on your drill bit at 1/8 of an inch, so you dont go to deep, once you get the plug out count the turns in, and put them back in the same place..

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is there a need for me to remove the Plug, Pilot screw, spring , O ring? when rebuilding the carb's? I'm rebuilding my carb's because of damage from Ethnol/water in the fuel and now clogs in Carb #1 @ 50% and #4 @ 0%.
      Thanks for helping me.

Rod
      59' Glaspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

I remove them.
        drill a small hole,1/8th or 9/64ths, use a #10 self tapping screw.
        insert the scew and use side cutters to pop it out.
        no spec on screw turns in or out.
        we find 3 turns out from lightly seated is a good starting point.
        after the shutter sync with a manometer is done then adjust the pilot screws at its normal idle speed.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt17. I plan on buying a MOTION PRO SyncPRO Carb Tuner Tool Synchronizer 08-0411 and the 6MM Yamaha Adapter 08-0040 kit of 4 tubes on (E-bay).

Are these acceptable or do you have any recommendations? Do you know of any posts or sites (utube) etc. that have info. on using the manometer to sync. my carbs?

What ports on the carb's are used for testing and adjusting/setting the vacuum on each carb.?

Thank you for any info.
          Rod

Comment

the ports are on the intake runners.
            dont know about your machine.
            I use either my techmate vacum mate or my BK 4 channel manometer.
            the instructions for proper sync are in the service manual under maintenance and adjustments.

Comment

rodbolt17, Sequoiha.

Thank you so much for all the help and info.

Rod

Comment

Working...
              X