2002 50 TLRA Alarm/Buzzer constant on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 50 TLRA Alarm/Buzzer constant on

Unit is a 2002 Yamaha 50 TLRA. Just finished cleaning carbs and installing new clear OI lines between checkvalves and intake manifold. Had the oil tank off and refilled with fresh oil and topped it off. When key is turned to ON position, buzzer sounds and stays on until switch is turned OFF. Mixed 50:1 in fuel and ran a few gallons thru engine after I saw the oil level go down in the oil tank so I know the OI is functioning. Engine runs like a top.

I did get the oil tank ground wire remounted under tank bolt. Can you guys give me an idea why the buzzer sounds as soon as key is turned to ON position?

How is the alarm activated? By a short to ground? Inherited the engine and do not have the owner's manual. Next step is to order clear oil line for oil tank to fuel pump.

Thanks, Young in New Orleans

Need to remove and test oil level switch. Do you have Yamaha gauges with oil warning lights?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

No sir - No Yamaha gauges; only have a Teleflex tach.

Comment

Make sure you didn't connect the male and female off white colored square connectors to gather that is located next to the main 10 pin harness, they are for the gauges and should not be connected togather.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you, will double check connectors and check oil tank level sending unit. Oil tank did hang to side at odd angle while it was unbolted but still connected by oil hoses.

Comment

if you connected the two gray wires,male/female bullits, then you get the key on alarm.
            if you pinched the pink wire from the switch to ground you get a key on alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
              Make sure you didn't connect the male and female off white colored square connectors to gather that is located next to the main 10 pin harness, they are for the gauges and should not be connected togather.
              Found this to be the problem. While the carbs were off, I saw the plugs laying in bottem of the engine pan and connected them. Once unconnected the key on alarm stopped. Thanks Guys!

Comment

self inflicted wounds

Comment

Working...
                X