04 Yamaha F115 water pump install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 Yamaha F115 water pump install

This might be an easy one for you guys. I decided to install a new water pump impeller on my CC. I took the lower unit off and broke it down but upon inspection I noticed that the water pump housing was a little burnt up so I decided to replace it. I also couldn't get the spacer off without breaking it. The problem is it was two weeks ago while waiting on the parts and I forgot how it all went together. Do the three washer go on then spacer then slip lock outside the housing or inside the housing? And do I drive the metal slip on the spacer or keep it right above it if it goes on after the housing? I bought it from someone who took it to barber marine so maybe rodbolt might have a suggestion.

This may help you out: 2004 F115TLRC Yamaha Outboard REPAIR KIT 2 Diagram and Parts

This shows the exploded view, use the zoom function and you can see how it goes together.

Comment

reinstall.
      gasket,wear plate,drive key(do not hit the key with steel AL or brass drift).
      then impeller.
      then 1 flat washer,wavy wqsher,flat washer.
      next the nylon retainer.
      now lightly rest the steel collar on the retainer.
      while pulling UP on the shaft use a suitable tool and drive the collar down WHILE pulling up on the shaft.
      fail the above step and the case knocks in gear at low speeds.
      now insert oring in housing,insert cup.install large oring in housing,I use grease to retain it.
      lube the impeller with a bit of dish washing liquid.
      bring the hsg down to the impeller.
      while twisting the drive shaft CW push the housing assy down.
      make sure the water tube grommet is in place.
      tighten bolts as nessasary.

Comment

Thanks to the both of you it was very helpful. It fit together like a glove.

Comment

Working...
        X