F115TLRC Peridocially won't restart after warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115TLRC Peridocially won't restart after warm

I have an un-usual issue and I hope someone can give me some information. I have a Yamaha F115 - 4-Stoke engine.- It runs excellant - No Issues - I have recently run into an issue after I run it for about 30 Minutes or so it will not restart. After it cools down (approx 30 minutes) it re-starts. I have checked fuel filter, Pick Up in Gas Tank, water sperator and all are OK. I have put it in the shop twice and they can not duplicate the problem. This problem only occurs after a long run, I can jump around the Bay all day with no issues.
    Looking for some advice ???

I have the same issue with my F115TLRA. Seems to be some kind of vapor lock. I am pretty sure this vapor lock occurs in the fuel cooler. Maybe someone else can offer some more info.

Comment

I'm Having The Same Problem

Mine started doing the same thing a few weeks ago. I have a 2000 F115 4-Stroke & has run without any problems for years, but all a sudden, when it hot, but not all times, it won't start. I have primed the bulb without changing the situation. Things I've done so far is:
      1. Replace the plugs
      2. New fuel pump
      3. New primer bulb
      4. Measured fuel pressure on the rail, it was 37.5 PSI
      5. Confirmed high pressure fuel pump primes when key is turned on

It acts like its not getting any fuel or the spark plugs are not firing. I've checked my kill switch to make sure it's working, & it appears to be. But I wonder if there is a safety code, like low oil pressure or something that is causing the electronic con*****er to shut off fuel or spark to plugs.

I was hoping someone had some troubleshooting ideas or suggestions. Over the weekend, I started the motor 15+ times with no problems, hooked up the hose, ran it for 20 minutes and could not replicate the problem.

Does anyone know if the engine control module can be connected to a scanner or analyzer to read any codes or fault conditions that may indicate what is wrong. I'm too the point that I will need to take to a dealer for repair, which is something I'd prefer to avoid if necessary.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Comment

lets try to understand what is vapor lock and why it rarely applies to EFI engines.
        then get on to trouble shooting.
        does the ISC reset at key off?
        try unplugging the VST vent line from the airbox.
        or, next time it fails to start hot open the throttle and retry.
        typical fault is an exccesivly rich A/F mix in the airbox.

Comment

Working...
        X