Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer

Hopefully I didn't make a mistake...!!

I just got a tachometer off ebay. It's model 6y5-8350t-91. My hope is that it's the correct one for a 2004 F60. My logic was that the -91 was a superceding part - and I have the right one. I did search around and could not find that suffix.

So folks, tell me the verdict.
    Last edited by exeter27; 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Typo on first 3 digits of part number.

That tach is for 2005 and newer models, you could use if install a 6Y5-85335-10-00 adapter harness at engine. The correct tach would be 6Y5-8350T-82-00 for your motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the answers. Ok, not a total miss then!! yea.

Given that these harnesses aren't cheap (let's say I am), does someone have a wiring diagram on this harness. If it's a splitter or a consolidator, that's pretty easy to do. I could come up with my own modular connectors - just need to know what the adapter harness does from an electrical aspect.

Also, can I assume that there's not 'electronic' part of the cable - i.e. no diodes, capacitors, transistors, etc - but strictly wiring? It does appear (from online pictures) that a fuse (and thus associated fuse holder) is part of the cabling. That's easy and within my capabilities.

I just need one of you smart guys to share a diagram of the wiring breakouts.

Thanks, Chuck

Comment

no diodes,thyristors or capacitors.
        however there is one wire missing.
        can be wired around.

Comment

Working...
        X