Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 control and gauge compatibility

i use a New 703 Control box with my 60 High Thrust Yamaha outboard,
    I desire to add the Yamaha Digital Multifunction Tachometer.
    Will this Tach plug directly into the 703 control box's electronic wire that is attached to the 703?
    If so, great, but will I also need to purchase other accessories to be able to view the TILT, OIL PRESSURE gauge functions. If so please offer me exact item numbers for the MULTIFUNCTION TACH and any other accessories.

Thank you very much.

Trent... ps - I cannot take the boat to a rigger bc it is in a marina in Nicaragua

what year model is this engine?

Comment

2010 or 2011

2010 or 2011 60 high thrust

Comment

then you can use the 6y5 or 6y8 package.
        the 6y8 is more expensive up front but the square 6y8 will give about 32 engine paremeters plus a *****ing speed control.

Comment

6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach Kit is the standard kit that includes tach with trim gauge, hour meter, low oil pressure and overheat warning lights, If want tach and speedo kit use 6YR-W0035-F2-00 kit.
          For Command Link gauges use
          6Y8-0083R-70-00 Round Command link Tach and Speedometer kit
          6Y8-82553-21-00 20ft Main Bus wire
          (2)6Y8-82521-11-00 2ft Pigtail bus wires
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

THANK YOU.
            I must go with the cheaper 6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach Kit.

Does this kit contain the TACH and everything needed to connect it to my 703 control unit?

Does this connect directly to my 703 unit?

Will I need to still run some of the kit wires all the way back to my motor for trim etc? This is what I'm hoping to avoid. The steering and FWD/RV/IDLE control wires are already kind-of a problem bc my wood floor can bounce on top of them in rough waves.
            If this kit does require more wires to run back to my motor are they well protected in a thick rubber coating?
            Please tell me if they require being connected to my sparkplug wire.. i wish to avoid that also..
            basically im hoping i can just plug it into the 703 electronic wire and that is that. ha

Comment

It does include wiring harness needed, one harness connects to 703 and one connects to engine.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

last question..

Does my motor have a connector on it that will exactly match the wire/harness coming from the TACH? I do not wish to connect to my spark plug wire as other TACHs do. I DESIRE TO PLUG AND PLAY.
                My boat/motor are in nicaragua so i can't just go look...

thank you again.

Comment

yes, the kit is plug and play.
                  even the engine to tach harness is labeled engine end.
                  the wires from the 703 to the tach are color coded and pigtail matched.

Comment

Working...
                  X