back again with the 115yamaha alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back again with the 115yamaha alarm

Well i had stated that i was having trouble with the motor setting the alarm off.And i changed the plugs and it runs up to 4500rpm's fine but if you go up to52oorpm's it sets off the alarm starts missing alarm goes off.turn off engine for 2 minutes and alarm is off and ready to run again.Blows my mind.I have changed the water pump empeller,Thermostats,plugs.Seems to the temp rises like restriction of water .Before i changed the plugs it bog on take off.the plugs that i changed out 3 of them were wet one dry burn.If you'll have any thoughts if love to hear them.

lean burn on that one cylinder will over heat that piston and destroy it

Comment

115 yamaha

well the plugs i put in yesterday are all wet seems not be putting out enough fire ? I just got back from fishing and it ran fine 30mph.I was told that i should get away from the plugs resister and try nkg B8HS-10. But it was runnin fine till now.Thank you for your coments.

Comment

I know we are supposed to start our own thread but this is my exact problem also. I have even used a temp gun on engine and it is not overheating, have you checked to see if it is really getting hot? I beginning to think it is something electrical! But don't know how to diagnose that.

Comment

BR is an acceptable substitute for a B.
          not the other way around.
          if its not a low oil level or battery alarm its gotta be an overtemp.
          could be a hotspot on the head,lean burn or a failing thermoswitch.

Comment

So I finally figured out my overheat alarm problem after changing temp sensor and water impeller twice took foot off 3 or 4 times trying to figure out what is going on and pretty much giving up! It was my starting battery, it must of have a short in it. For over 6 months I fought with this and the battery finally starting dying the last two trips. No issues with battery holding charge before now but it had something wrong inside shorting out at high rpms.

Comment

Working...
            X