1998 Yamaha s200txr OX66 SWSII tune-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Yamaha s200txr OX66 SWSII tune-up

I am rebuilding the water pump on this motor as I do every 3 years and am thinking about what other things I should consider doing this Winter while my Grady is laid up. Every year, depending upon the season, I: replace spin off fuel/water separator, change gear lube, fog the engine through the carb., change plugs, and add fuel stabilizer.

Question is: What else might it be time to do to keep this engine running better and longer?

Here are some items I have been thinking about doing:

1) New wires? (anything else here? are there coils?)
    2) Oil pump? (buy parts or replace?) It's oil injected.
    3) Check timing?
    4) Compression test?
    5) Fuel pump? (Do these go bad?)
    6) Clean carb.? (It's never been done...cost?)
    7) Anything else you'd look at?

I have a new mechanic who is willing to work with me on operations that need more experience. I don't need to spend money unnecessarily ....but......If you would, can you go down my list and give advice? I run this boat in fresh water. Assume nothing has been replaced so far. It runs great in all faster speeds but doesn't like to idle ....I wonder if the carb job would help at idle speeds.

if its an OX66.
    no carbs, its fuel injected.
    clean the VST,clean/test the O2 sensor.
    replace lift pumps about every 3rd season.
    drain/check engine oil tank water trap,should be done monthly.
    replace the remote oil tank filter.
    test the spark plug cap resistance.
    if your really bored you can remove the injectors,remove the injector screens and clean them as well.
    however your model number is inccorect.
    the s200 was carbed while the sx was injected.your model number is missing an alpha character.
    at least 1.

Comment

Working...
    X