basic water pump kit parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic water pump kit parts

...so I called and got a salesman to help me order water part pump parts for my 1998 200 Yamaha SWSII OX66 model number s200txrw.

I told the guy on the phone I needed all the parts (looking at the diagram) from #31 down to #35 (gasket) including parts: 31, 37, 30, 26 (plastic housing), 36, 29, 28, 13, 14, 12, 11, 12, 27, 32 (impeller), 34, and 35

I was told that I should order the $96 chrome kit because it would have everything in it except the drive shaft collar, spacer 1, wave washer and two plate washers....and guess what....right?

Now I read that other people describe the same issue online....

what should I do to get the right parts and the best price now? should I return the chrome kit? order everything separately?

I'm annoyed because of how specific I was on the phone and the shipping I paid for as well as the wait time.

Advice?

Just call the Yamaha dealer and order the "water pump kit" for your motor...it comes with all the necessary parts, gaskets, bolts, except for the plastic housing and that collar with wave washers...you may not need the plastic housing but probably should replace the collar and washers. The standard Stainless Steel pump cup is very durable and maybe that Chrome unit is for some kind of extreme operation in a lot of sand, mud, etc. Good Luck!

Comment

61a-w0078-A3 is the pump kit without the housing nor the retainers nor the flat and wave washers.
      housing is ordered seperatly if needed.
      lock collar and retainer the same.
      if not damaged all are reusable.

Comment

Hey guys,
        Newbie to the forum and outboard repair. I am replacing the water pump components on my '00 225hp OX66 and have gotten down to the shaft (finally, had to virtually destroy the collar and cover along with old impeller) now I'm battling the woodruff key. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

dull a medium cold chiesel.
          holding the chiesel horizontal drive the bottom of the key in.
          now hold the chiesel vertical(parrallel with the shaft) and drive the key down and out.
          on reassembly make sure the washers are correctly positioned AND you pull UP on the shaft while seating the collar.

Comment

Thanks for the idea Rodbolt. I actually ended up cutting the key with a dremmel & cut-off wheel. Thanks also for the assembly Tip. We'll be goin' back together tomorrow.

Comment

Gotter done. Sea trial tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the help...I have the kit coming and will assess what is and what is not in there and return anything leftover.

Comment

Working...
                X