Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can shifter cables or a bad actuator box cause alarms to go off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can shifter cables or a bad actuator box cause alarms to go off?

i have 1999 yamaha saltwater series 250's. dual station set up. i keep getting an alarm that sounds for starboard engine. alarm keeps tripping and giving the 3 blinking arrows on the gauge as if it was oil related. all oil components are working fine and new, nothing clogged or needs to be cleaned. i noticed that the alarm goes off pretty much whenever it wants, there is no rhyme or reason, you an run the boat for days and nothing will happen, you can run it for an hour and the alarm will sound. once the alarm goes off, it will go off and onn for the rest of he day. i noticed that if i play around with the throttles, moving them from neutral to forward and so on, i can get the alarm to turn off. when i put the engine into gear, the alarm will go off again. also, when the alarm sounds it does cut the rpms. no overheating, no oil/fuel problems. all throttle positioning sensors are new, both in the actuator boxes and on the engines. i was wondering if the shifter cables arent right, could this be causing the alarm?

If cables are out of sync in actuator then will activate alarm but should make oil lights in tach blink, may have a loose fuse in the inline fuse holders on engine activating loose battery cable alarm, clean and tighten battery cable cable check fuse holders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X