Can I hook something up to see hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I hook something up to see hours?

I have a '04 TXRC (carb model) Yamaha 150 v6 and the boat does not have an hour meter. Is there anything I can do to hook it up to see how many hours are on it?

also, I replaced the plugs and the lower end oil. What else should I consider replacing? Fuel pump(s)?

Thanks!

no hours avalible on that engine,
    do the fuel pumps,filters and remote oil tank filter.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      no hours avalible on that engine,
      do the fuel pumps,filters and remote oil tank filter.
      Where can I get all of these parts from? Ebay? It has two fuel pumps, correct? Should be pretty easy to replace? Remote oil tank filter? Is that in the outboard side or the oil tank where I put the oil in? I noticed it pumps from one tank (under a seat) to another tank (on the outboard) for the oil.

Comment

boats.net can help you with any part numbers.
        when was the last cooling system maint?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          boats.net can help you with any part numbers.
          when was the last cooling system maint?
          That's the problem --- I have no idea when "Preventive" Maintenance was done. Therefore, I'm taking care of it to ensure longevity.

Comment

The remote tank is the tank on board the boat and the filter is a small in-line filter. You'll need to remove the tank for access to the filter (I just did mine). If you search this forum you'll see plenty of info on replacing the fuel filters.

Comment

Here is link to parts catalog, you will find fuel pump parts under FUEL and oil filter on remote oil tank is under OIL TANK
              2004 150TXRC Yamaha Outboard Parts
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                Here is link to parts catalog, you will find fuel pump parts under FUEL and oil filter on remote oil tank is under OIL TANK
                2004 150TXRC Yamaha Outboard Parts
                Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by tonynorie View Post
                  The remote tank is the tank on board the boat and the filter is a small in-line filter. You'll need to remove the tank for access to the filter (I just did mine). If you search this forum you'll see plenty of info on replacing the fuel filters.
                  Is your filter like a strainer type for the oil tank?

Comment

The in-line oil filter is typically located on the oil lines where they exit the back of the remote tank (not the one on the engine, the one in your boat). It should look like a small white check valve.

Comment

Originally posted by ptwob212 View Post
                      The in-line oil filter is typically located on the oil lines where they exit the back of the remote tank (not the one on the engine, the one in your boat). It should look like a small white check valve.
                      Yes, that small in-line check valve filter on my boat had some build up in it and I cleaned it by blowing some compressed air (hand-held tank) through it. The filter has an arrow on it and you want to blow the air AGAINST the flow direction so as to not imbed the crud deeper in the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynorie View Post
                        Yes, that small in-line check valve filter on my boat had some build up in it and I cleaned it by blowing some compressed air (hand-held tank) through it. The filter has an arrow on it and you want to blow the air AGAINST the flow direction so as to not imbed the crud deeper in the filter.
                        Hmm... maybe I'm missing it but I do not see anything like that on my lines, boat, etc. Can either of you please post a picture of what I might be looking for? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X