Engine crank slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine crank slowly

I have two yamaha enduro 40hp e40xw,year 2000.the problem is my no 2 eng crank slowly with the starter but with manual start no problem,one kick.my eng no 1 doesnt have this problem.no 1 eng crank and start perfectly.i have done step by step checking method;
    1.i've already cx all the conection from battery to starter,no loose and rusting conection.i attached voltmeter at the starter +- n read 12.4v when I crank,look not a conection problem.swap the battery n stil got the prob.
    2.i diasembled the starter and sent to yamaha outboard qualified n the man said the starter doesnt have prob,only need to clean and service the starter.go home,put the starter back n still crank slowly n cant start.
    3.then I swap the starter from my both engine n what shocking me starter no2 at eng no 1 crank n start perfectly at eng no 1.starter no 1 at eng no 2 now stil wit slow crank prob n I swap the battery n stil prob at eng no 2
    4.at last I tried with conecting battery direct to starter at eng no 2 wit car jumper cable n stil crank slowly.n I suspect this is not a starter problem.
    5.when I crank manually from what I feel like no abnormal friction.i diasemble the two spark plug it and starter crank perfectly.
    Anyone can give me advice what to repair becoz from what I think even I buy a new starter,that prob will still exist.pls help.

maybe a bad ground connection or bad negative cable

Might check compression on both motors and compare

Are your lower units OK?
    I have seen lower units go bad and bind up motor

Comment

I think conection is okay coz I have make a direct conection to starter with car jumper cable at both +-.lower unit seem no prob coz nothing abnormal when I move the propeller and during start,doesn have strange noise from lower unit.i will try to swap the lower eng just for confirmation.anyone have experience this same prob?

Comment

Working...
      X