2006 F90 buzzer going off???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F90 buzzer going off???

Ran my newly aquired Carolina Skiff today after getting the fuel pickup fixed. She fired up great and was idleing out for about 20-30 seconds and a buzzer goes off. It's a steady buzzer, I shut the motor down and check the oil, it's good. Refire and go to idleing out again and buzzer goes off again. Look back at pee stream and it's flowing, felt pee stream and it's pretty warm and steam/smoke starts coming out the exhaust port in center of motor, shut down again. Checked for blocked water intake ports as it was cruddy, grassy, shallow water at the ramp so thought I might have picked up trash, nothing there, fired up again and thought it might be needing a good flush with forced water so dropped the hammer on it a bit, ran pretty good till buzzer, then went to stumbling and stuttering while buzzer was going off. Shut down again. Tryed looking on internet on IPhone for hard and fast fix, but couldn't get anything to work with.

A little of what's been done before I even hit the water,,,, a new water pump was put in, the old one was nothing but a rubber center with no fins, rubber pieces all down in the water pump base, picked all that out and had to poke the pee hole fitting to clean it out, a dirt dauber or spider decided to clog it up with mud, fuel pump in VST tank was put in, filter NOT changed in VST, oil change and filter, they used Merc. 4 Stroke oil, if that matters, Mercury filter as well. Pulled the computer history before I ran it and no codes shown and only 32 hrs, run time. Fuel tank was removed and cleaned, refilled with fresh fuel and Sta-Bil green, new fuel line from tank to motor fuel filter. New fuel/water seperator.

Just pulled the thermostat to check for impeller parts but found nothing. Check thermostat for opening with pan of water on stove, just before boil, it opens so guessing it's working correct. Is there a way to backflush while thermostat is out to make sure I don't have impeller pieces blocking water passages? Also, would the Merc. oil and filter give it an oil pressure issue?? Overheat and oil pressure seem to be the things to cause a steady buzzer.

Got any ideas of what I have going on???

Thanks for your help.
    John

what did your gauges show as what the alarm was?
    hook up to computer again to see what was bringing in alarm.
    Sure do not want to keep running it if it is oil pressure.

You should measure water temp as you heat it to see if stats open within spec

Comment

Best guess would be bits of old impellor blocking the water passages, but it is a guess, if there has been alarms, a quick check on a laptop will tell you what is setting off the alarm.

Comment

Working...
      X