E40XMH Rectifier/regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E40XMH Rectifier/regulator

Hi, i have two E40XMH motors one 2003 and another one 2004. I would like to know if they come with rectifier to charge a battery, if not whats the part number for the rectifier? thanks in advance

The Enduro models are not sold here in USA and we don't have any information on them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i found this... http://www.marmom-marine.com/images/...H'03_2.pdf
      6g1-81970-61 can someone confirm this?

Comment

I have found the Enduro motors everywhere but in the US. they are solid and reliable, but low tech. (perhaps a blessing).If you have an electrical starter, it would have come with a rectifier and in the pdf you included in your inquiry it does show one. It is shown on page C3, item #7. Sometimes they are under a cover and rather hidden away. To find out if yours is functional you need a multimeter set to dc voltage. Check your battery voltage at rest, should be about 12-12.6 volts. Start your engine, run it at a fast idle in neutral, the voltage accross the battery terminals should rise from its resting voltage almost immediately. On a note of caution, although it is possible to start your engine with the starter cord, (many Enduros came with both manual and electric starters) do not do so without having the engine connected to a battery. If you run the engine without it being connected to the battery, you will most likely burn out the rectifier. Don't expect too much in the way of high amperage output, about 6amps is about right at full throttle. Also because there is only a rectifier, and no voltage regulator, the voltage can rise quite high--up to 18volts or so. Any hi tech electronics you may have on board may not like that type of voltage, and it may harm their electronics.

Comment

Working...
        X