F115 ticking noise???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 ticking noise???

I ran my motor yesterday after it has rested a few months(battery prob, shorted out key switch) and now have a bigger issue to tend with. Describing a sound is imppossible so I made a short youtube video of it. I started it and let it idle for a minute, then increased the RPM to 1500 before I stopped.

Some basics

2001 Yami 115 4 stroke
    805 hrs currently
    New plugs, fuel/water filter and cleaned the VST tank <25hrs prior.

I will add. While not recording I noticed the tick did get quieter and come back again at the same rate. It was sparratic so I wasn't able to record it.

This forum seems like a great source of knowledge and I am happy to be part of it, as a boat owner I am sure I will have to spend some time here. Thanks for any help or advice provided.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tm...e_gdata_player.
    Last edited by conceptzj; 08-06-2012, 10:22 AM.

Fuel pumps will make noise if not fully primed , try pumping primer bulb up firm to see if helps.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you sir, I was recommendeda similar issue yesterday, I went home, primed it good, started it and no ticking, I guess the fuel pump was starved. It needed to be primed one more time and did pretty good after that. Put the boat in the water and it did well so I am very releived now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X