Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Yamaha 25HP issues

Hello all

I just purchased a 1995 Yamaha 25 hp model C25MSHT single carb outboard. I started it for the first time yesterday on muffs in the back yard and it was a liuttle hard to get started but it idled perfectly with the choke at about half. I let it run like that for a while and then when I shut the choke off, the engine revved really high and stayed like that. I plan to check the vacume lines, I took the cover off of the carb and looked in there. The second plate back opened and closed just fine, so I think that spring is working fine.

I'm thinking I need to rebuild the carb but not sure where to buy the rebuild kit at. I also don't have a manual for the engine. Will the carb rebuild kit had instructions in it?

Any opinions on this outboard? It looks very clean and well take car of. I think I need a new prop because the one on it is kinda chipped and the very tip of one of the blades has a slight bend in it. Is a Prop something I can swap out without any special tools?

If I took the carb off and took to a shop, how much would they charge me to rebuild it?

Thanks

Number 19 in this link is carb kit, 1995 C25MSHT Yamaha Outboard REPAIR KIT 1 Diagram and Parts
    Can order manuals at YAMAHA MANUAL STORE
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X