command link on F225XCA not reading engine output data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command link on F225XCA not reading engine output data

Recently installed a F225XCA on my boat with Command Link Plus Display and I am not getting any info back from the engine, ie oil pressure, coolant temp, rpm etc. Any ideas on were I went wrong on the rigging, Seemed pretty much plug and play. glenn

most likly you forgot the mainbuss line from the CLP display adapter to the hub.

Comment

Thanks for the dirrection, just wondering if I am missing something, in that the System diagram and the harnesses I purchased, show a wire lead coming off the 6Y9 multifunction color gauage, running into a pigtail bus wire, and then into the multihub, which I am assuming is the main Bus. It is not showing any other inputs other than fuel tank and connection for a NMEA device. glenn

Comment

Make sure Display has a jumper wire with gray connector(connected to Display gauge) on one end and white connector(connected to pigtail bus wire) on other end installed and a pigtail bus wire connected to white connector and to device port of multi hub.
        Make sure the 6 pin connector on control box(white 6 pin connector) has a main bus wire(gray connector) connected to it and bus wire is connected to BUS port of multi hub.
        Fuel sender connects to separate wire lead on display gauge, connect pink and black wires to pink and black wires going to tank sender.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

between the CLP,6 pin white connector at the control box, and the 6y8-82521-XX-00 main buss harness you must also have adapter 6y9-83553-10 -00.
          this goes from control box to buss terminal on hub.
          the main buss harness does not come in the kit.
          the pigtail harness from the CLP display adapter to the buss hub does not come in the kit.
          pigtail goes to a device port.

Comment

Working...
          X