Lower Unit Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Unit Installation

I have a 1989 Yamaha 90 Outboard that I'm trying to figure out. I recently replaced the forward gear in the lower unit and got everything back together, the problem is when I install the lower unit I either get one gear and that's it. Does the lower unit have to be in gear to install it properly or something? Thanks

just make sure the lower unit is in neutral, and the control handle is in neutral, should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
      just make sure the lower unit is in neutral, and the control handle is in neutral, should work fine.
      I did and it's still not lining up for some reason.

Comment

Put both the lower unit and control box in reverse. As you trying to install the lower unit (while in reverse) turn the propeller (either direction, be sure to line up the water tube and shift shaft) should eventually slide into place.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Put both the lower unit and control box in reverse. As you trying to install the lower unit (while in reverse) turn the propeller (either direction, be sure to line up the water tube and shift shaft) should eventually slide into place.
          Okay thanks, I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
          X