Oil Pump Conversion Kit Adjustment 6H4-W1320-09-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Conversion Kit Adjustment 6H4-W1320-09-00

On a 1985 40ELK, I am replacing the original oil pump 6H4-13200-01-00 with the conversion kit 6H4-W1320-09-00. There are no installation and adjustment instructions included with the new Mikuni oil pump. Once installed, how do I adjust this new oil pump so that it provides the proper level of lubrication at idle and at wide open throttle?

There's several posts here from rodbolt about how to set up and adjust.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Open throttle fulley and adjust oil link arm to fit, return to idle and check that oil link arm is not touching stop on pump.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Your advice is perplexing. The stop is near full throttle in a counterclockwise position from the idle position looking at the pump. There is no stop anywhere near the idle position. The idle position is an engine rearward position. The full throttle position is an engine forward position and that is where the stop is. The spring is sort of weak on the new pump and without the rod linkage sort of returns the pump to what would be the full throttle position but it really never makes it. Maybe when it's full of oil the friction will be less to overcome. I can post a picture of the new pump if that would help.

Comment

Just check that when go back to idle that oil link arm is not preventing carb linkage from returning to idle.
          Last edited by boats.net; 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thing there's some confusion here. The stop is where the pump lever is resting without linkage attached. With linkage connected the lever should be about 1/16" from the stop.
            1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
            1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

The stop is where the pump lever rests. This is clear to me. And this point will be near the full throttle position when the lever eventually gets connected. The idle position pushes the lever rearward towards the back of the engine and off the stop by maybe 30 degrees angle. The lever on this pump is pointing to the sky and at idle is near the back of the engine and full throttle gets pulled forward toward the stop.

Comment

I adjusted the lever so that at wide open throttle the lever is just about 1/2 mm off the stop. Filled tank with 100:1 mix, disconnected the tubing to the top cylinder and watch oil slowly coming out at idle. Not really much choice on how to adjust it. The trick is to try to get it as close to the stop as possible without hitting it at WOT. Does anyone know what the extra small cylindrical donut shaped part is for with the o-ring? These are the only part I did not use.

Comment

There is a distance collar that has orings on it that goes in back of oil pump.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do I need this part for the 1985 40ELK or is this for another model of engine?

Comment

Yes it needs to be in oil pump.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What year and model oil lines did you use when installing this pump?

Comment

Working...
                        X