No announcement yet.

No power to starter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere you have missed some fuses that are probably blown. Run all the wiring and you will probably find some inline fuses that need to be replaced.

Comment

I'm sure you're right. I'm going to dedicate all of tomorrow(sat) to troubleshoot it until my face explodes. I'll let u know who wins, me or the boat.

Comment

If your 3 batteries have a common connection some where and you reverse one of then then it is no telling where or what got fried, but the jump to the starter post should not have done anything.
        How did you try to jump it?

Comment

I connectted Neg to neg on battery and starter then connected pos to battery then touched pos to pos on starter, that's it.

Comment

the starter jump wont hurt anyting as it is direct and not related to any controls.

reading thru your comments i see you have an issue with both the boat and the motor. the issue with the boat is probably a missing ground wire somewhere you forgot to recornect but is hard to say as all boats are wired different.
            but the issue with the trim is probbably related to when you pulled of the starter you also discornected the main negative cable to the motor.. put the big cable back that was mounted to the starter bracket to the motor and test again,DO not connect the big short cable comming from the relay before you have your starter back in.

Comment

Ok here we go again. With the starter removed from the engine, I decided to jump it again just for Murphy's law and of course, it's working now. So I connected the starter back to the engine. Trim works and tach works, however my other gauge(speed/batt/time/fuel) still isn't working. Also when I try to crank it, still only does the one click noise.

I'm hoping I'm at least going in the right direction.

Comment

So here's the bottom line, engine is seized bottom two pistons are jacked. We removed the bottom two spark plugs gaps were bent it which tells me that it was struck internally. We won't know more till we take it apart but at the end of the day I'm screwed. Thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
                X