Yamaha LCD Marine Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha LCD Marine Meter

I just purchased a boat with a 1992 Yamaha 150 XRQ. The tach, oil tilt combo meter does not show anything. The liquid crystal part of guage does not light up. The seller told me his brother messed up the wiring. I think there is a ground wire doing something because the gas guage only shows half full on a full tank.

On my multi function guage, the guage has a 4 wire plug, a 2 wire plug and 3 single plugs in addition to the guage light. All the wires go to wires of the same color except the blk/wht wire goes to a blk wire in the 4 plug and the grn/wht goes to a grn wire in the 2 plug. All the single plugs connect to the same color. Do you have a color coded wiring diagram that I can follow. How can I check the meter to see if the liquid crystal works. Which position should the switch on the back of the meter be set to, 4,6,8 or 12. My motor is a 6 cylinder.

Thank You for any help you can give me. I was going to buy an interface cable for my NEMA network but I understand my motor is to old for it to work on my network. I have the Lowrance 525 GPS.

Thank You

Gale Lorene
    Last edited by gale lorene; 05-14-2011, 05:43 PM. Reason: forgot to ask position of switch

switch sets at 12 on that engine.
    yellow is key on 12v+ black is negative,dark green from the keyswitch is tach send,
    the 4 pin with the gray,orange pink and black is trim, gray is visual overheat indicate,black is ground,orange is trim send 5V reference and pink is trim send.
    on the 2 wire,green red is low engine tank level and the green/white is remote tank level indicate.

Comment

Same Wiring for 96 Multi-Tach?

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      switch sets at 12 on that engine.
      yellow is key on 12v+ black is negative,dark green from the keyswitch is tach send,
      the 4 pin with the gray,orange pink and black is trim, gray is visual overheat indicate,black is ground,orange is trim send 5V reference and pink is trim send.
      on the 2 wire,green red is low engine tank level and the green/white is remote tank level indicate.
      Would this wiring color scheme be the same for a 1996 90TLRU 2-cycle outboard? My lcd display has gone dim-barely visible. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X