6y8 multifunction fuel meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6y8 multifunction fuel meter

Hi I am new to the forum and wanted to consult with a problem.
    I have a F115 four stroke with 6y8 square multifunction configuration for some reason disappeared bar fuel gauges, reset to factory default and set back the clock speed but the problem persists the sensor wires are connected to the light blue and white tab so were back when you buy the boat, measuring with a multimeter I have 240 ohms of resistance and 30 ohms empty when full, probe the 3 settings but the bars do not appear, if they are in the initial time, then erased .
    Any help would be very grateful, thans very much.

I am not sure how to test that gauge..but it sounds like a bad gauge..if the sending unit and wiring are proven good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkieboat View Post
      I am not sure how to test that gauge..but it sounds like a bad gauge..if the sending unit and wiring are proven good.

The set has 3 instruments and everything in the 3 works except the fuel gauge that does not appear, the bar works because it points to set the options to see which one you choose, I ask in 2 official distributors in the area and are so disoriented like me, thank you very much for answering

Comment

if you have a spare fuel gauge laying around..hook it up and see if it works..this will eliminate wiring/sending unit issues.

Comment

I haven't seen any problems with the fuel gauge on the Command Link yet, Here is the manual on it check the fuel tank capacity and tank settings.
          Command Link Installation Guide.pdf
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            I haven't seen any problems with the fuel gauge on the Command Link yet, Here is the manual on it check the fuel tank capacity and tank settings.
            [ATTACH]571[/ATTACH]
            Thank you very much for the information provided in this manual did not know him I have what came with the instrumental but it is much more basic, I'll do some more tests to see if I find the poblem since all plots run ecept this sensor is hidden and not that, Saturday I go to the marina and tell them if I can solve.
            I refuse to add an additional tool to read the fuel level, plus there is not much space on the board to place

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
              [ATTACH]571[/ATTACH]
              Reading the manual of instruments found in a box fault locator that tells me that the indicator bars disappear if the sensor is not properly set, I tested the 3 options you have and nothing is working, could you tell me where I can find information from these sensors see if I have is compatible, thanks

Comment

If you get to the fuel tank sender, connect a jumper wire from the the sender wire, usually pink and to the ground wire. Turn key and fuel level on gauge should read full,if it reads full then wiring is ok but sender is probably bad, if it does not then run a temporary jumper wire from tank sender post to gauge and or from tank sender ground to battery ground to test wiring.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice yesterday let it run through the manual provided I obviously was not connected and that according to the manual was connected to the GPS input is not where it belongs.
                  The only thing that remains is that I could not set the fuel tank capacity according to the manual, not that the software will not let me enter that option, if you can guide me I'll be doubly grateful.

Comment

Working...
                  X