No announcement yet.

2003 F115 stalling/skipping and would not shut off once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I am ever in savanna I am seriously lost.

actually I have been there in the past doing various stupid things, very nice place.

but you still have issues.
    either the main relay is sticking or the ECU got fried.
    I have seen the main relay stick and the only way to shut the engine down was to tap the relay with a screwdriver handle.
    I have also seen the ECU do the same thing,,,,, just after the ISC overheated it.

Comment

I am hoping ECU is not fried...Motor seems to run very very good right now. Feels like I have gained 20 more HP also.. I can use it like it is because I have it on a jack plate so it is only about 2" low. I think the 2 day soak worked on the isc. 5 volt reference was 4.94, I think that was within tolerance. I am planning to sell the motor. I will be informing the next owner of what I have done to the motor, and that he will want to keep an eye on the isc and ecu. I will fix/replace the t-stat before selling.

It really is running very good now, if it were a 20" shaft I would keep it, but i have a 1995 150 Rude OIS, that runs great and is a 20" motor.
      so i may put it on when I sell the yammy. unless i find a good deal on another yammy 20", I would prefer a 2 stroke 150 yammy, if I can find one for a decent price.
      There is some good red fish and trout fishing here in the fall..I am hearing of some good sheep head catches for last 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X