1994 115hp 2 stroke yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 115hp 2 stroke yamaha

Ive got an over heating problem i drive for about 100 meters full throttle an an alarm in the gear stick box goes off for about 10 to 30 secs then shuts off then i continue does the same thing but if i sit 17 knots an under it wont happen it was serviced new impeller, an acid flush still not fixed ??

Originally posted by Youbloodyripper View Post
    Ive got an over heating problem i drive for about 100 meters full throttle an an alarm in the gear stick box goes off for about 10 to 30 secs then shuts off then i continue does the same thing but if i sit 17 knots an under it wont happen it was serviced new impeller, an acid flush still not fixed ??
    were the strainers took off lower unit if so are they on the wrong side .check poppet valve, is there alot of flow with thermostats out and covers off just something too look at

Comment

`yes the intake vents are on the correct way new thermostats when i replaced thermostats there was abit of corrosion behind them

Comment

Drop your lower unit and make sure some of the old water pump impeller bit are not lodged some place.

Comment

As i replaced the impeller myself i not there was nothing wrong, just the curve from sitting in the casing

Comment

What's a Poppet value, where is it near the outlet hose and how do i test it? Thanks for the replies guys

Comment

pressure control valve or pressure relief valve if it sticks open it will cause low rpm overheat not high rpm over heat.
              #43 in parts break down Yamaha Outboard Parts 1994 115TLRS CYLINDER CRANKCASE 1 Diagram

if you had corrosion around thermostats your passages may need to be cleaned.

Are you sure it is a over heat alarm or could it be an oil level alarm? Does it restrict the RPM when the alarm goes off?

Comment

yes rpm dies down if i attempt to hold full throttle ?? im just guessing its over heating

Comment

is this an oil injected engine? do you have the yamaha digital tachometer?

Comment

Yes oil injected, no on tacho once alarm turns off i can continue at 16 knots no faster or alarm will scream boat loses rpm
                    Last edited by Youbloodyripper; 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I always do thermostats and poppet valve anytime I do a waterpump kit saves my call backs. U could have a bad thermo sensor also
                      WWW.SWITCHBAIT.COM

Comment

then I would try to verify is it an oil alarm due to a restricted filter at the remote tank or an actual overheat.
                        both will give RPM reduction and both use the same horn tone.
                        the tach has the visual indicate to seperate the two.

Comment

so how would i fix the remote tank filter

Comment

replace it comes to mind.
                            its a simple tiny overpriced inline filter.

Comment

Is it the one that looks like a strainer on the inside the oil tank on the motor

Comment

Working...
                              X