No announcement yet.

Stalling Yamaha F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe they wore down the prop running it all them hours trying to figure it out

Comment

• Yamaha

To all, Yamaha 150 runs better than it did when new.
      VERY smooth and quiet. Very satisfied. Thanks to all who advised and helped. Gone fishing. high sierra

Comment

• So the problem all along was the MAP sensor?
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

• yamaha

200 posts it is! high sierra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tucker View Post
            So the problem all along was the MAP sensor?
            Sure looks like that was the problem

Comment

• How in the heck is he testing his boat. Though I heard on the weather channel that that area got 10' of snow in a week. They want to keep ski resorts open until 4th of July!!
              1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
              1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

• Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                the stalling issue is easy.
                adjust ALL 4 throttle shutters closed.
                means back off the top one, adjust the lower one so all 4 move the same.
                from here we are gonna deviat from the manual a bit.
                now you MUST have a means to monitor TPS voltage.
                watching it on the lap top is better.
                howver what we are going to do is fake out the ECU.
                can you monitor TPS voltage?
                if you cannot I will go no farther.
                Took this , $1200 of software , and 2 nondealer mechanics to do what 2 dealers and 4 trips to the their shops couldn't for an 07 F150 that had this problem right out of the box . 4 seasons of BS . Thanks Rodbolt and Sundog Marina on the Delaware Bay .

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

I started this thread quite a while ago. The motor has run very well since. The new fishing season starts October 1 and we will see if it runs well again. It took 200 hour at 85 dollars an hour and almost 4000 in parts. Everything was changed or swapped. I also have a interphase cable that monitors the motor . It tells me all the readouts like the computer does. (almost) It hasn't worked since they worked on it . I finally traced it to a bent prong on a connector that they had no idea where it went. They took it off so many times they buggered it. The service manager was great. The so called rep was terrible. Oh well , fishing is on the way. Cheers , high sierra

Comment

• I have an 05 F150 with 16hrs that I just purchased. I joined this forum to search for a solution to this problem.

Sorta wish I'd have just stayed away! Ignorance is bliss.

I'm a fry cook not a motor head so please don't beat me up.

I discovered I had a problem with my gas tank vent hose not actually venting.
                    Corrected that and my situation improved greatly.
                    Is there any chance that actually made a difference or was it just coincidence?

btw: I love the motor!

Comment

• Could be, but who knows for sure.
                      If you have some problems you need help with please start a new thread with all the info so some one can try and help

Comment

• Respectfully, I believe my question does belong in this one.
                        As I read the entire thread I couldn't help but wonder if air was an issue for him all along.

Comment

• Good luck Sierra, I hope your motor runs out great.

Comment

• Just curioius as it relates to this if air wasn't at least a side issue

Comment

• Rodbolt references this thread this morning. It would be a decent thread if a mod would delete all the ancillary crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X