No announcement yet.

Stalling Yamaha F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the F115 ECU doesnt give quite as much information as some of the others.
    but it will allow the technician to observe many things critical to proper operation.
    it does share the same sensors and its a speed density open loop system just like the F150.
    technician training is a two part issue.
    one is the technicians personal pride in their ability.
    the other is dealership responsibility.
    same as GM,Ford,mercury and all other equipment.

Comment

• I am going crazy to know whats going on...I hope sierra did not go postal and pull a grenade pin in the yamaha dealership...I just have to know what is happening..I miss my daily reports...

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

After 30 years as a Fire Captain , I never lose control of myself or the situation. The motor will be fixed or the tec can't go home. high sierra

Comment

• so is the tec looking at houses yet??? I mean if he is going to move there and all..
          I am hoping for a smooth running dependable motor for you...

still awaiting word on my motor. I took mine to a non-yamaha dealer..this guy has been in business for over 20 years and he is the head mechanic and owner of the shop...he has the best reputation around. I am very hopeful he will find my issue. though he is not a yamaha dealer he does work on a lot of them.

Comment

• Stalling Yamaha F150 - Part 2

The dealer called today and informed me the motor went well yesterday at the lake except for the lack of a steady stream from the pee hole.
            So today they would install a new pump. Later I went by to pick up the boat and motor and saw them taking off the lower unit , again. The tec was there as well. This was the first time I have met him and he was incompetent and had a snotty attitude . I have a hard time with people talking down to me. I believe I told him how I felt. They took off the lower unit 3 times trying to get water flow while I was there.. I stood by becoming more impatient as I watched them slowly screwing up the paint on the bolts. I was not happy! I was then asked to move out of the shop by the service manager. After waiting and talking to the manager he said the tec said the seals were damaged on the shaft and would need replacement. I wasn't impressed by this arrogant tec at all and left. When I got home I received a call and was told the motor was ready to go. THE HOSE WAS OFF THE PEE HOLE AND ALL THE WATER WAS GOING INTO THE MOTOR HOUSING. These are the same people that installed the fuel filter backwards. I doesn't work well that way.
            The stalling was caused by a low reference voltage cause by a faulty injector. 7 mechanics back in Georgia had consulted on this impossible mechanical fix so said the tec. 7 heads working on it.
            The tec's name is Anthony Walker and has been with YAMAHA 5 years. He is the worst of Yamaha tec . His credentials are in doubt in my estimation.
            Would I buy another Yamaha, Not a chance. high sierra
            Last edited by high sierra; 03-02-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

It just gets better. high sierra
              Last edited by high sierra; 03-04-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• In a weird sort of way, your problem sort of consoles me. At least I know that I am not having the worst possible Yamaha experience. I really think you should write on book on this saga..I might even send it to Clint Eastwood so he can make it into a movie...They could let Arnold Schwarzenegger play you, Danny Divito could be the Tech, The manger could be played by Charlie Sheen, ( I heard he needs a job)..we could let Harrison Ford play Rodbolt, and me and 99 will just play ourselves....it would be a great action adventure drama comedy, we could even do a scene where we all get stranded out on the lake in sub zero temperatures and we light a flare to get warm ..thats when the action starts

Comment

• high sierra

I would have preferred you kept this all in on thread as later on it will be hard to find both threads for people trying to find out what the final fix was. at least post what the so called final fix was on the old one.

I really do not understand how an injector , that according to Rodbolt does not use the 5v reference voltage ,can drag down the reference and cause this problem.
                  Of course I have no idea where the 5volt reference is developed for these motors. Is it the main relay or the ECU? Some where there is a power supply type of unit and I would think that the 12 v input to that would have to be drug down real far by the 12 v injector to effect the 5 v output.

Hard to believe they replace the water pump because they had a hose off of the tell tail, and why was that pulled off anyway. Strange real strange.

Comment

• incompetence explains it all

Comment

• High Sierra,

Is the tech you just mentioned the dealership employee or the Yamaha Field Rep?

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

Trying to move thread to other thread. high sierra
                        Last edited by high sierra; 03-04-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

Moderator I don't know how to do what you ask . high sierra

Comment

• what did they ask you to do?

Comment

• stand on one leg, pitch his nose, hold his head back, and shout Yamaha sux 5 times real loud while eating a table spoon of peanut butter.

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

I went to pick up the boat and they requested an hour delay to get it.. When I got to the dealership they told me as they were backed up to the tank with 2 guys as guides, one of them jumped up to tilt the motor. The only trouble was he stepped on the LED taillight and broke it off. They needed a delay to haul butt to buy another. The service manager was nearly having a heart attack.
                                I will test the boat next week weather permitting.
                                I wanted to combine the 2 threads and don't know how to do it. Anybody? high sierra
                                Last edited by high sierra; 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X