Convert 02/03 Yamaha 25hp tiller to remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert 02/03 Yamaha 25hp tiller to remote

I have a 02/03 Yamaha 25hp manual tiller. I am looking at buying another boat, but would not like to part with my current motor. The new boat I want to purchase has a mecury 15hp electric start, remote steering system. What do I need to convert my Yamaha so that it will work on my new boat? How much would I be looking at spending there? I really like my Yamaha and like to have 25 hp. Also coule I get away with a manual remote system?

Would need the model number to look up parts. would need remote control conversion kit, remote control box and steering conversion parts.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

converting 15hp from tiller to remote

Hello,
      I am a new member who wants to convert my '01 Yamaha 15HP (15MSHKZ) from tiller to remote/wheel steering. I have a console & steering wheel but need to know what part to buy to connect steering and engine controls to the motor.
      There is no motor tilt or starting involved.
      Thx,
      Butch

Comment

So it is possible though to convert an f25 tiller with manual start to remote controls for steering, shifting, throttle, and start? For example, what would the parts be for a 2011 F25LMHA? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by NatraLee View Post
          So it is possible though to convert an f25 tiller with manual start to remote controls for steering, shifting, throttle, and start? For example, what would the parts be for a 2011 F25LMHA? Thanks for your help.
          You are responding to an 8 year old post. Start a new one.

Comment

Going to cost much money to do that if you are buying new parts I would think

Might be better to look for another engine that has the features you want...but maybe that is not possible where you are located.

I would think that it could converted for steering and throttle/shift but starter would be a question as the flywheel and engine block mounting are involved in that.

Boscoe knows of such things more than anyone else...hopefully he will give you some directions.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
              Going to cost much money to do that if you are buying new parts I would think

Might be better to look for another engine that has the features you want...but maybe that is not possible where you are located.

I would think that it could converted for steering and throttle/shift but starter would be a question as the flywheel and engine block mounting are involved in that.

Boscoe knows of such things more than anyone else...hopefully he will give you some directions.
              I think you are correct. Big time. Starter motor alone is over $500. Wire harness $200. Well over a grand in parts alone I am guessing. Much work.

IMO sell the tiller model and get an electric start remote con*****ed model.

Comment

Working...
              X