Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro60 Overheat

MBTracker,

You are my Hero! Maybe I went a little overboard,I tried what you suggested and it worked.There must be an air leak somewhere near the top of the stainless steel cup.After I siliconed the cup and housing together I increased my water volume enough to eliminate the overheating.I am curious,Didn't you say you purchased all new components for your water pump?(Housing,cup,impeller,steel plate,gaskets,thermostat and grommets)If you did,Did you put all new parts on the lower unit and it still overheated? I am going with this set-up for now but will probably buy all new parts in the near future and see if that cures my overheating problems.Again thanks for the info. It is really appreciated! After I get new parts I will post my findings.It won't be for awhile though.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JPJ View Post
      MBTracker,

You are my Hero! Maybe I went a little overboard,I tried what you suggested and it worked.There must be an air leak somewhere near the top of the stainless steel cup.After I siliconed the cup and housing together I increased my water volume enough to eliminate the overheating.I am curious,Didn't you say you purchased all new components for your water pump?(Housing,cup,impeller,steel plate,gaskets,thermostat and grommets)If you did,Did you put all new parts on the lower unit and it still overheated? I am going with this set-up for now but will probably buy all new parts in the near future and see if that cures my overheating problems.Again thanks for the info. It is really appreciated! After I get new parts I will post my findings.It won't be for awhile though.

Jim
      Hey Jim great to hear!

Yes I did say I bought all new parts but in all my swapping in and out I finally figured out that I never tried the new parts in the test tank or a body of water which is the only way I will test them.
      I was also out at the old timer mechanic I mentioned and he pulled my tell tail hose off, blew compressed thru the hose and fitting. He also took a piece of heavy wire and stuck it up and in the tell tail fitting on the motor. He said he did feel something but I’m not sure if that was a blockage or the way the water jacket turned. He put compressed air to that as well.

I’m in the same boat as you, I’m done working on it for right now.

It’s not over heating so for now it’s fishing time!

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Well It's been a long time to finish off this post. I always like to do that so when people search and read a post to the end there is something final.

My overheating problem was my head gasket. The water pump stuff helped but when I started using a drift sock this season the buzzer went off.

The compression is still up there but I'm assuming a leak down test may found the leak(s). I noticed a small amount of build up around the head so I pulled out a head bolt and bingo, there was water in the jacket.

Changed both gaskets and it will pull the drift sock all day with no problems.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X